• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM]-Tagged

If I remap the search button to switch between CPU governors button, what should they be?

• Powersave & SmartassV2

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Powersave & Performance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powersave & Ondemand

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cycle through all of the governors, we'll stop when we get to the one we want.

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
Hashtag I'm sure will either create an optional download of his ROM with them, or you could add them in manually.

Yup. I'm done with the two separate ROMs I talked about earlier(named as full and slim), I've just got to finish up some themeing before I put 'em out there.

I flashed this ROM last night and all I can say is WOW! Fast as light and smooth as butter. I like it a lot. Everything works so far and I really like the font change. Nice work Hashtag!

Thanks! The font is from Ubuntu :p

Upvote 0
If I want to upgrade from 1.0.4, can I just clear cache and delvik? Do I have to format system and data again?

It's generally a good idea to also wipe data and then restore your apps/data from a backup you made with an app like Titanium Backup or Go Backup. You don't necessarily need to wipe data, but if you end up having issues you might want to try the install process over again and wipe data when you do.

You shouldn't need to format system since that should be included in the updater-script which is inside the ZIP file you flash.

Reactions: totalrecarl
Upvote 0
How long is the boot-up time after flashing this ROM for the first time? The Blue Android image has been on the screen doing it's thing for the last 5 minutes.

Thank you.

***UPDATE***

Have to give Hashtag credit for this ROM. I tried the Full version, but went ahead and flashed the Slim version, which is fast. Thank you, Hashtag!!!

Thanks! And yeah, the full version will take a bit longer to boot. On the initial boots, the system has to go through and check out all the .apks/odexes, and since the full version has like twice as many apps included, it can take longer to sort them all out at first.

Upvote 0
Whats the difference between the Slim version and full version? Whats included in both of them?

Read the OP for the newly added section about it.

When im using my phone(playing games, during a call, etc.) when it is on the charger. It uses more power than it gets from charging. so i have to get off my phone when its charging.. is there anyway you can fix this

Are you using the charger that came with the phone? Other than that, I would just bring down the overclock some.

Upvote 0
I flashed today ........ I didn't expect to notice much of a difference between Harmonia (which I love) and Tagged. But I was wrong. This ROM runs really fast and smooth, even after I turned down the overclock. (I'm wimpy when it comes to overclocking - hehe.)

Awesome work, Hashtag .... and thank you very much sir!!!

Upvote 0
Hey Hash,
You might wanna mention for people to do a COMPLETE wipe (Cache, System, Data and Dalvik) for your new ROM's.
I DLed the new full version, checked the md5 (matched), wiped Cache, System and Dalvik separately three times thinking just to "upgrade" and have gotten FC's on Google Play and some other apps and bunch of times upon booting coming from v1.04.
When I get a little more time, I'll go ahead and do a complete wipe to test out the new version.
And as julian35961 said, could you post what both ROM's contain and do not contain?
Keep up the great work. Many thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Well, something weird happened about an hour ago: while wanting to access the System Settings on the phone, the phone rebooted and all I've seen since, is the Android image flashing. I was able to see the Home screen momentarily, but the Android keeps popping up.

I removed the battery for about 20 seconds, reinserted the battery and powered on, and it's still there. Whoa. It just finished rebooting again. What could be causing this?

It went back to the Android.

Upvote 0
The rom is great and very very speedy but for the life of me I cannot get the picture review working. Just FYI, I am not new at this and I went ahead and wiped everything. I got the camera working but the little square picture reviewer, when I tap on it....it doesn't do anything. When i go to the ics gallery, it works but just not in the camera app. It did work with harmonia when I had that rom. Rebooted multiple times as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Upvote 0
The rom is great and very very speedy but for the life of me I cannot get the picture review working. Just FYI, I am not new at this and I went ahead and wiped everything. I got the camera working but the little square picture reviewer, when I tap on it....it doesn't do anything. When i go to the ics gallery, it works but just not in the camera app. It did work with harmonia when I had that rom. Rebooted multiple times as well.

Try a different camera app.

Upvote 0
Well, something weird happened about an hour ago: while wanting to access the System Settings on the phone, the phone rebooted and all I've seen since, is the Android image flashing. I was able to see the Home screen momentarily, but the Android keeps popping up.

I removed the battery for about 20 seconds, reinserted the battery and powered on, and it's still there. Whoa. It just finished rebooting again. What could be causing this?

It went back to the Android.

Did you wipe everything before you flashed it?

Upvote 0

I took out the image editing on ths slim version because it slowed down the camera. If you are on the slim version that could be why.

Upvote 0
Mr Hashtag,
First, let me thank you and Giantpune for helping me root my Sprint LG optimus, because of your help, I was the officially first person to have the rooted sprint version. Yay:D! I also want to thank both of you for all the hard work in getting us great ROMS and CWM for our phones.

Second, I love the ROM, actually am currently working on my own using LeslieAnns BYOR Rom!? LOL. But I have alot of issues with your ROM and wanted to point them out, so hopefully we can get a fix updated for it.

First, NO alarm clock, I assume this is due to the fact that you didnt keep the Clock apk in the ROM, can we add that into it? Also I think the stock email app would be great too, as I have multiple email accounts and find the stock app very useful. Tried K-9, but I think the function and feel of the stock email app works best for most.
Second, I am having alot of crash issues with alot of apps. Ive done a complete reinstall of the rom, trying different methods, including a complete cache clear and factory reset. Still a no go. I am still getting force close on a bunch of apps. Most of them use the network for info, so I am assuming it has to do with network settings or 3g settings. The apps are:
TV Guide; when u click on show description, it force closes.
Viggle; force closes randomly. But mostly when loading show descriptions and trying to check into shows. (Evweryone who watches alot of TV and likes free stuff should get this app)
Calendar; force close when clicking dates.
Square Reader, Intuit Go Payment, and Pay Anywhere credit card apps; force close when trying to enter payments.

Plus alot of other apps that exclusively use internet or 3g data. Seems to be a conflict somewhere with the network settings. Alot of the apps I use are force closing when trying to connect to internet.

So, in short, if your still working on this ROM, then see if or what the issues can be. Otherwise if your not going to update or continue working this ROM, then Ill have to see what, if anything, I can do to remedy these issues.
Again, thanks to all of the devs for all the hard work you guys and gals, put into this stuff, for the benefit of all. Keep up the good work.:star:
**EDIT**; Now that I think about it, you have the VM version of the phone! I wonder if thats the issue here, as you may remember when we were trying to root my phone, your method wouldnt work cause I have the Sprint version. I wonder if some of the settings need to be changed because of that. And that, that may be why I am getting so many force closings, as the ROM was built off of your VM settings. Let me know if you need anything from my phone or the stock stuff, as I have reverted back to the basic root, and am back on stock ROM. I still cant get LeslieAnns BYOR to work properly either. F'ing SPRINT, they al;ways gotta make stuff difficult.

Upvote 0
I picked the "slim" version, because I prefer to pick my own apps. For example .... I luv the Extreme Alarm Clock app's option of a progressively louder alarm. Also there are many calendar apps to choose from, so I easily found one I like better than the stock one. I use Yahoo Mail exclusively, so I cannot say much about other email options. But I have to assume there are many. The great thing about Android (and this ROM) is the choices.:D

I say hurray Hash!!!! ..... thanks for a great ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones