• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM3 not showing up

If you have to, Go under the Icarus thread on here and find how to install CWM 2.5.1.8. Then try to flash the Cm7 again. Just make sure you are doing a full wipe. If you are having major problems, Flash back to stock first. Then try to get a new CWM on it and after that's okay/functioning, Proceed to doing Cm7 again.
i can flash to cm7 from cwm2.5???????????????:thinking::(

Upvote 0
metro pcs ascend!!!!!!!okay i started out getting 2.2 froyo, until i started getting the no uim card fix, metro's 2.1stock is mind-piercing slow, its unbearable. okay, so i had the CWM2xx and the 2.2 for at least a month then i got that no uim card error n immediately started searching youtube then i found out about Cm7's gingerbread. at first just like cwm2xx i had trouble connecting my phone to my XP but i got cwm3 on it had the 2 files on the sdcard, wiped every' formatted every', just always get hung!!! what am i missing? cud my kernel b the issue?

Upvote 0
metro pcs ascend!!!!!!!okay i started out getting 2.2 froyo, until i started getting the no uim card fix, metro's 2.1stock is mind-piercing slow, its unbearable. okay, so i had the CWM2xx and the 2.2 for at least a month then i got that no uim card error n immediately started searching youtube then i found out about Cm7's gingerbread. at first just like cwm2xx i had trouble connecting my phone to my XP but i got cwm3 on it had the 2 files on the sdcard, wiped every' formatted every', just always get hung!!! what am i missing? cud my kernel b the issue?

when you get uim error you have to flash back to stock to remove the error, cause if you try to install cm6/7 with the uim error, you will have problem, i would suggest revert back to stock using this: https://market.android.com/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t&feature=search_result, than extract it to the desktop, than put your phone in fastboot by pressing vol down, end key and tap power, than open the metro script recovery folder and run fastboot-windows and run metroPCSStock-windows.bat if metro is your carrier.

and to get cwm2xx is jus get the file n bring up the boot loader? is my usb suppose to show up on myXP or jus the sound, when i bring up bootloader?

your phone has to be in fastboot to install cwm 2xxxx or you can download rom manager and it will install 3xxxx.

Upvote 0
when you get uim error you have to flash back to stock to remove the error, cause if you try to install cm6/7 with the uim error, you will have problem, i would suggest revert back to stock using this: https://market.android.com/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t&feature=search_result, than extract it to the desktop, than put your phone in fastboot by pressing vol down, end key and tap power, than open the metro script recovery folder and run fastboot-windows and run metroPCSStock-windows.bat if metro is your carrier.

your phone has to be in fastboot to install cwm 2xxxx or you can download rom manager and it will install 3xxxx.

i start from stock wit all my mods,im about to try that, wen im done doing that try cm7 again????:eek: n use rom manager get cwm3xx? https://market.android.com/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t&feature=search_result, this link is for a vplayer off the market!!

Upvote 0
i start from stock wit all my mods,im about to try that, wen im done doing that try cm7 again????:eek: n use rom manager get cwm3xx?

word....let us know how it goes...also make sure after the phone reboots after you flash it let it load to the main screen and call someone to test it and make sure uim error is gone. than just turn it off once its confirm the phone works, and go ahead and fastboot it, and install cwm...oh make sure you have cm7,gapps, and metro off on your sdcard. after you install cwm, pull battery and boot into recovery, than you can make a backup if you want to, than go ahead and wipe everything and format boot, data, cache, system, than move on to installing cm7.... Good Luck.

Upvote 0
word....let us know how it goes...also make sure after the phone reboots after you flash it let it load to the main screen and call someone to test it and make sure uim error is gone. than just turn it off once its confirm the phone works, and go ahead and fastboot it, and install cwm...oh make sure you have cm7,gapps, and metro off on your sdcard. after you install cwm, pull battery and boot into recovery, than you can make a backup if you want to, than go ahead and wipe everything and format boot, data, cache, system, than move on to installing cm7.... Good Luck.
is stock metros 2.1? that link to revrt i dont see nothing about stock revertion!!!:thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones