• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 10.1 [Unofficial]

Sorry Scotty. Sorry DURX.

cute-sad-kitten06.jpg

Upvote 0
Managed to install the new CM10.1 rom. It seems much les laggy although I've already had FC's from Carbon and SwiftKey.

I was in a pickle earlier as the gapps didn't install. I tried downloading a play store. Apk off the Internet but it wouldn't run. Then I couldn't get into recovery cos the vol down button doesn't work well and the reboot to recovery thing in the rom's APM wasn't there?

In the end i fired up terminal emulator and types 'su (enter) reboot recovery' and then I reinstalled the rom and installed the gapps package. Now all is well :p

Upvote 0
I'm still getting the reboots :(

Sorry to hear about that. No reboots here, but I flashed back to Blackout. That Tasks app is something I use daily. Even when I delete manually, in the app rather than the Widget, the item comes back :thinking:

The app is sync'ed with Google Tasks. So as near as I can tell, when it sync's with Google Tasks online, rather than updating the online database, the online database overrides request to "Mark as completed".

Dang, 4.2.x is so fast though. Makes my phone feel brand new.

Reactions: ivicakc
Upvote 0
On the 403 Nightly. Everything is working well. No auto rotate or GPS issues. Cannot get weather to display in cLock though. Tried to kickstart it with WiFi, still no go.

Battery life is "Sense" grade. Android 4.2 really does wonders for battery life.

I have the same problem with weather on cLock...everything else work perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones