• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

Congratulations to all who got their phones/shipping notices/tracking numbers. Getting closer and closer to my date!!!!! The wait gets harder with each day...here's to tomorrow being another good day.

Yes it's exciting to see the date get closer and closer.
It becomes depressing when you see you're date surpassed without any word.

Hopefully tomorrow the fedex truck pulls up to my house and hands me my phone, or else I'm taking the day off of work and going to petco... jussayin...

Anyway I'm turning in for the night, mabey I can sleep in until the usual shippind time arrives.

Upvote 0
Yes it's exciting to see the date get closer and closer.
It becomes depressing when you see you're date surpassed without any word.

Hopefully tomorrow the fedex truck pulls up to my house and hands me my phone, or else I'm taking the day off of work and going to petco... jussayin...

Anyway I'm turning in for the night, mabey I can sleep in until the usual shippind time arrives.
Hope it shows up tomorrow for ya! I hate to think of those poor puppies and kittens at petco suffering..

Upvote 0
Three schfifty five p.m.
i'll be there!!

Now I want to go check my package, but I don't wanna get up:(
i don't understand... i dont have to get up to check my package:eek::eek:

oooohhhhhhhhh i get it..........
stimulus%20package-499x479.jpg

Upvote 0
don't they need your signature?

Not a lot of the times. I got a baby gate before from them without a signature, as well as a new door, lol. And a couch set. So I'm hoping not.

you can sign a piece of paper and leave it for them telling them where to stash it, i included my tracking number just to be sure on mine, it showed received secondary signature on tracking site when i checked from work. was waiting for me when i got home

Upvote 0
I ordered at the store and signed at the desk. What happens if they come and no one is there?
they leave something on your door that you sign and stick on the door the next day. When they come back they will take that form as your siggy and leave the phone. You can also just go to the fedex local location and get it after work (call first to verify wht time the truck will be in).

Upvote 0
you can sign a piece of paper and leave it for them telling them where to stash it, i included my tracking number just to be sure on mine, it showed received secondary signature on tracking site when i checked from work. was waiting for me when i got home

I ordered at the store and signed at the desk. What happens if they come and no one is there?

sorry, what i meant was on day of delivery i left before mentioned note taped to my door for the fed ex man, wasn't home when he dropped it off. with out it they will take it back with then as all our Inc's are signature required

Upvote 0

What you signed at Verizon was the order form for them, not the Fed Ex shipping lable.

Verizon requires Fed Ex to get a signature so they have proof that it was delivered and accepted. It's mostly so that you can't come back and claim you never got it.

If they show up and no one answers, they will leave a note for you saying they attempted delivery and will be back tomorrow. Generally you can pick it up from Fed Ex directly that night or just wait for the next delivery attempt. But be careful... they send it back after 3 attempts.

If you are not going to be home, leave a note on your door that says, in BIG letters:

Dear Fed Ex,

Please accept this as my authorization to leave my package by the door. My package is from Verizon and is tracking # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!
[your name printed]
[your signature]
[date]

Upvote 0
Damn man that sucks. : ( I didn't want to have to wait longer. That is, assuming it comes in tomorrow. I'm hoping Saturday. Gah this bites. : /

You can pick it up after one failed attempt.

Luckily, I guess, my apartment complex has an office that I guess receives almost everything. They leave a note that it is there and you have to go get it. So in an instance someone is always here.

Upvote 0
turning in early tonight.... All you guys and girls take it easy and keep it real............:)
Someone get the curtains and lights if you please:cool:

Hello fellow loonies.. Is everyone maintaining sanity?
olbriar whats shaking, nice pic taken with inc im guessing. your just in time to take responsibilty for lights, curtains duty.. lol
see ya round

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones