• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date you ordered and received the phone vs. "will ship by" date

Ordered online 6/30
Ship Date 7/28
Actuall ship date 7/21
Out for delivery 7/22

talked to a csr yesterday an he said there is a bacth that shipped yesterday and another that is supp to ship 8/3 and all the back orders would be filled

That just doesn't sound right to me. This is all hypothetical but I don't think there are "batches" being sent out. Most likely HTC/Verizon have new phones made every day, and its doubtful they'd sit on a bunch of phones waiting to ship till a certain date when there is already a backorder. They're going to ship them out every day as they come in till they finally catch up. The 8/3 date is just when they're expecting/hoping to be all caught up with their orders. At least thats my .02, but I'm no business or shipping expert.

Upvote 0
My phone should be in my hands today! I have to leave for a while this morning. I want to leave a note to make sure I don't miss Fed Ex. So if I leave my tracking number and permission along with my signature should that be enough for them to leave my package?

Yes; if your tracking information states it requires indirect signature- not direct. e.g. FedEx 2Day Service - Indirect Signature Required
helpIcon.gif
I believe it can only be done for a residence as well.

I called FedEx last night to confirm I could leave a note with the tracking info and my signature to leave it at my residence and they said 'yes'. (mine arrives tomorrow).

Upvote 0
I need to look into more, i wish you could cut the 7 screens down to 5 or 3.. but it's all good. i feel like i need to fill everything lol. also do you know how to close out of apps without using a task killer?

Use systempanel. If you not sure what you are doing then a task killer will do more harm than good.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, the 'That's what she said' lines always make me giggle all immature-like. I forget that some folks actually take it offensively!

I'm getting twitchier. I didn't think it was possible. I want my *bleeping* phone! I have to go out of town for a dorky (but awesome) sci-fi convention tonight, and I suspect they'll try to deliver today but as no one will be at home, no one will be able to sign for the phones.

Ah well. Something to look forward to on Sunday when I get back?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones