• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root defunct

Upvote 0
Hey rbheromax and dragongart6505 I followed the new video tutorial. It is very helpful. My problem is that whenever I install the new kernel I get a green android bootloop. The only way to get past it is to restore my backup.

I did a couple of things differently than in your video. I rooted the phone with cydia impactor. I installed SuperSU. I did not install the cwm.zip. Maybe all of those things screw up the kernel install?

Once I loaded the cwm image through ADB I made a backup, then I installed the ockernel.zip. Next, I cleared both caches and then rebooted the phone. Once it reboots I am stuck at the green android. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hey rbheromax and dragongart6505 I followed the new video tutorial. It is very helpful. My problem is that whenever I install the new kernel I get a green android bootloop. The only way to get past it is to restore my backup.

I did a couple of things differently than in your video. I rooted the phone with cydia impactor. I installed SuperSU. I did not install the cwm.zip. Maybe all of those things screw up the kernel install?

Once I loaded the cwm image through ADB I made a backup, then I installed the ockernel.zip. Next, I cleared both caches and then rebooted the phone. Once it reboots I am stuck at the green android. Any thoughts?

installing cwm.zip isnt necessary. supersu should be fine, as is rooting with cydia. these were my first experiences rooting the phone as well.

try downloading the kernel from the op...maybe i made a booboo with all the different versions i have on my sdcard that i pulled to make the tut. but im preeeeeetttyyy sure it was the right one

Upvote 0
One last thing...when I clear the cache the following spits out:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
Warning: No file_contexts
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

When I restore my backup:
Restoring cache...
Can't mount /cache!

Maybe this is all normal, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

Upvote 0
possibly, depends on why it wont mount
I'm going to be out of commission for a few days while I get Linux Mint 16 setup. Right now I'm backing up my hard drive - all 420GB of it, and it is going SLLLOOOOOOO[...]OOOOOWWWWWW :)

After it's done, I'll be writing up a tut for getting git setup from scratch with cyanogenmod source + kernel source. (tailored to the ZTE devices, of course :))

Upvote 0
that works, there is also the buildbox os made by my buddy superr. its on the warp sequent forum and is set up specifically for building
Sounds interesting? Link? I'm still running off of the Live USB session while copying files, so the computer keeps locking up :S

I'm working with LM16, because this is still my daily machine, and I don't really want to install dual partitions right now. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones