• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DELL XCD 35 Factory Data reset not working

hi,
First i temporarily rooted this dell35 and installed Rom manager to take a backup. the backup was not made as i was only temp rooted.

when i root the phone permanently using the Z4Root app it reeboots my phone and i get this permissions error while taking rom backup

but when i try to factory reset my phone its not happening

not only i broke the warranty but im also unable to reset it..

Please help.

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.6 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-r-sr-x--- root system 26264 2011-10-24 19:56 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Alternate su binary location: ls -l /sbin/su:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/sudo:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your XCD35 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market -

Have you tried using your bootloader to do a factory reset? I don't know how to do it on a Dell phone, but try:

Pull the battery, let it sit for 10 seconds, put the battery back in. (if you can't remove the battery, do a full shutdown)

Now hold your volume down button and push the power button.

Depending on how Dell did it, you may have an android icon in the middle of a warning triangle. Push power, volume up, down, or other buttons (and even combos) until you get text. Or search for how to access reset through your bootloader on google. Now you should be able to reset the default using the bootloader. This should restore you to 100% stock.

Also, search XDA for any recovery files, an SBF, or something that can reflash your phone.

Reactions: aashishkotagir
Upvote 0
Are you able to do the temp root option again? If so, temp root then reboot. Then try Z4 for perm root again. If that fails, but you're able to do temp root: Temp root, install ROM Manager and have it install clockwork mod. Then reboot into recovery using something like "Quick Reboot" from the market to go directly into clockwork mod. From here you can delete everything on /data (wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, as well) and flash a new ROM. Get a ROM from XDA's Dell xcd35 section. You can put it on your SD card by going to Advanced and enabling USB drivers (or whatever it's called). Transfer files over and then flash it by 'installing zip from SD card'.

Reactions: aashishkotagir
Upvote 0
Im able to temp root and i also checked if i can run su on the command prompt "yes i can" when i reboot my phone i cant run su because its just temp root. sounds perfect!

Now i try factory data reset... doesn't work...

but when i perm root my phone after rebooting im unable to run su i get permission issues

does this mean ibroke the software seal and the data reset wont work any more??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones