• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD- Phone using more power than the charger can deliver

Messenger62

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
My HTC DHD has had this warning pop up now and then " phone using more power than charger is able to deliver" I have gone to my carrier, they used my cord and it began to "charge" but when I got home and continued with the charging it showed as charging but it was still losing charge. I have restored my phone back to factory settings to get rid of any rogue apps but it still is doing the same thing. I only have 7 months more on my 3 year contract. so I really don't want to have to pay out the contract and have to buy a new phone and new contract. Would one of those external battery chargers work for me to hold on to my phone? I'm beginning to think it's my micro usb port on my phone. I have used canned air and cleaned it but I get the same message and the loss of charging happens again. How much does it cost to repair the micro usb port?
Originally my first HTC HD bricked itself within two days, I got it replaced and two weeks later the charging cord quit working and that was replaced but now it won't even charge. I am at a loss..I don't know what to do>>>HELP:ahhhhh:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones