• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] WIP CM9 (Camera) [updated 2/23/2013]

Bahaha lol looks exactly it to me! See my brother used to have a captivate and they had "bigmem" kernels that squeezed more memory out to the user by allocating less to the camera, but it broke 720p recording. Maybe ours don't have enough memory to even load the ics hal!

And I'm pretty sure all the camera libs don't use the standard memory available to the apps, although the actual camera.apk itself does, the libs run in the allocated memory by the kernel, just as the rild libs do as well.

So this maybe our breakthrough! Lol fingers crossed. Now I'm not sure about the hexadecimal format of the memory allocation define there but we can work with it!

Yeah I figured it out it's right now at 4.0MB for the camera. I am trying 4.5MB to see if it changes, and then increments of .5MB. Problem is tjstyle posted his camerahal but didn't post his kernel changes, however I am not even using his camerahal. From what I gather, all his numbers are all the same and nothing changed.

Upvote 0
Yeah I figured it out it's right now at 4.0MB for the camera. I am trying 4.5MB to see if it changes, and then increments of .5MB. Problem is tjstyle posted his camerahal but didn't post his kernel changes, however I am not even using his camerahal. From what I gather, all his numbers are all the same and nothing changed.

OK up to 8MB's and no change at all. Keep going? We have 195MB left for the system right now.

Upvote 0
OK so I was able to boot tjs ROM with working camera

http://download.andro-id.net/index.php?dir=FIH-FB0/Cyanogenmod/

However it got stuck in a boot loop due to lack of memory on our 2.6.32.59 kernel. So we are at least on the right track with ram issue and kernel. Going to try and spend more time on the 2.6.35.7 kernel and configure it for 3G VMSPLIT. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes, the issue is I need to fix the WiFi and Bluetooth code as well as that causes random reboots.

Upvote 0

http://download.andro-id.net/index.php?dir=FIH-FB0/Cyanogenmod/

However it got stuck in a boot loop due to lack of memory on our 2.6.32.59 kernel. So we are at least on the right track with ram issue and kernel. Going to try and spend more time on the 2.6.35.7 kernel and configure it for 3G VMSPLIT. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes, the issue is I need to fix the WiFi and Bluetooth code as well as that causes random reboots.

You and your team are wizards. I hope you understand how grateful everyone is for your continued support of this phone. Thank you!

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
Motorola should be ashamed of themselves for abandoning the Triumph especially when they have gotten numerous complaints about this phone. No fixes let alone updating it to a newer version of the OS. they've got guys out here like g60 and the rest of MTDEV doing their dirty work for them. The best part is that MTDEV isn't even getting paid and they're still pouring their hearts into it. :D:D

Upvote 0

Download | Andro-ID

Good day all..
Wow.. a nice progress.. I will looking around in this forum.. I'll help mtdev man like g60madman did with our forum xda @ideos-x6

Best regard..

FIH-FB0 dev.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones