• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][WIP] CM9-Esteem LG MS910

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope nothing I need can be done on windows ;)

I would buy a Mac to help you out, but to be honest my hatred for Apple wont allow myself to buy one lol (no offense to you Apple lovers) . and what if we're running Cygwin ?
cygwin is for limited stuff, like at most compile a kernel, app etc.

Wanna dev one needs a dedicated linux install. ;)

Upvote 0
nope nothing I need can be done on windows ;)

I would buy a Mac to help you out, but to be honest my hatred for Apple wont allow myself to buy one lol (no offense to you Apple lovers) . and what if we're running Cygwin ?

Getting linux up and running on a windows computer is pretty easy. No need to go out and buy a new device. I'm still learning this new world of linux. It's hard remembering cmds for me and using guides has helped but its like learning a new language. :p

Upvote 0
Getting linux up and running on a windows computer is pretty easy. No need to go out and buy a new device. I'm still learning this new world of linux. It's hard remembering cmds for me and using guides has helped but its like learning a new language. :p

how did you set it up? using a "Live Disk," running a virtual PC, or installing Ubuntu?

Upvote 0
Reactions: chicanito
Upvote 0
I dualboot as I use Photoshop on Win7, and Mint 13.

VM's, emulators, sd/usb drives will suffice, but suck if you're really doing anything other than surfing ;)

Upvote 0
pg can i help with anything

lol thats what i have been tryin to do but been busy latley havent gottn LAst part of repo syncing right But will do tommorrow and i dnt think he needs help u Need linux and crap and do commands and shit its like a whole different language lol so u would be really confused just sayin ;)

Upvote 0

VM's, emulators, sd/usb drives will suffice, but suck if you're really doing anything other than surfing ;)

Yeah, it's a little laggy. I'm curious about dual boot, so I think I will look into that. I'm sure its a lot more stable. Do you still have to hunt drivers down dual booting?

Upvote 0
hye i was wondering wats the most challenging part in making cm9?

in my opinion its the kernal since its what boots up the ROM and has it running. when booting is a success all you really have to do is run it and right down everything that doesn't work you'll also need the source code, i.e to create CM10 you'll need the source code for Jelly Bean which is already out

Upvote 0

The only reason I run Windoze on a VM is BECAUSE of using Photoshop enough to warrant keeping that horrible OS around. I moved to Linux about 2yrs ago and have not looked back since nor had any regrets in doing so.

Sorry to keep straying off topic, but I wanted to throw out the fact that people shouldn't be afraid to move from Windoze.

CM9 is going to be great and worth the wait.

Upvote 0
we not getting anything for this phone i feel like brake it sames roms we need a real update guys we need cyonogenmod 9 lg esteem:mad:

Instead of telling us what we need, why don't you lend a hand to make it go quicker.
You know that these people do this for free. They have lives that are filled with kids, a wife, a job and hobbies.

With that being said no one has to do shit for us. If you want to aid the process and not be just another beggar, why don't you donate to PG and help him out. We try to be proactive here, which includes not throwing demands or rushing someone. Especially when it's FREE. Don't be rude. This ain't burger king and you can't have it your way.

Also we have the best, most stable ROM available for the esteem so there's no excuse for your phone to be garbage. To say we have nothing for the esteem is laughable. It really is.

Take heed with your posts. Your headed down the wrong road my friend.

Upvote 0
we not getting anything for this phone i feel like brake it sames roms we need a real update guys we need cyonogenmod 9 lg esteem:mad:
This is simple, be proactive, not a troll. If you wanna troll, go elsewhere!!!

other than that, read Fuzzy's post 3 or 4 more times!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones