• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did anyone in the UK wake up with a confirmation email?

Didn't bother looking. It's my credit card I bought it on, and to be honest I never check it for transactions etc like I would my bank account.

Still can't believe it arrived and I had no email telling me it was on it's way

superb ... looking forward to seeing your pics of the delivery, once you've finished 'dropping the kids off at the pool' (so to speak).

... obviously, I mean pics of the tablet, not the other - that's just plain wrong.

Upvote 0
66vntl.jpg

Upvote 0
So this is all great news devices are landing at peoples' houses like a lovely surprise. Well done Google, in the time they stated too.

However, (and I feel like I'm going to be shouted at for being negative here) there's nobody at home today. What happens there? Will they leave it at a neighbours? In the shed? Or will they take it all the way back to their depot (which is an hours drive away) and try to deliver it again tomorrow?

Upvote 0
If you don't care when the device shows up, don't want delivery updates, don't expect replies to your email and don't care if they don't answer the phone... then you are going to be very happy with the service you get from Google.

Indeed! The thing is once people get the device they will forget all of that! I wont :) I will never order hardware again direct with google

Upvote 0
nothing here still:

no google wallet update
no email
no TNT delivery (I work from home)

this is really draining :)

I feel for you! I just gave up and ordered with dixons for delivery tomorrow.

My google order has not been updated, the only comments are me slagging them off requesting it to be cancelled. I removed my card details.

Order one now with dixons or somebody for delivery Thursday (or tomorrow if you can) and cancel google or refuse delivery if they do get their arse in gear.

Reactions: eager27
Upvote 0
Finally, shipping email from Google, received 16:35. For ref, ordered the 8GB on the 28th.

Should be with me Wed or Thurs I reckon. FYI, before the email there was no indication anything had progressed with my order, nothing on my Credit Card etc, so just expect a shipped email out the blue.

Oh, and I'm in the UK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones