• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you get your $100 rebate from Sprint?

Mine got declined. It said something about the phone number provided was invalid. I sent them an e-mail questioning it and gave them my number. They replied back saying my number was incorrectly entered into the system and that they have updated my record with the correct number. After that I checked the status and it was back at 58% and no longer declined. A few days later I check again and what do you know, declined again for the same reason as previously stated. I guess I will be giving them a call tomorrow.

WOW!!! That is terrible!!!

Upvote 0
Mine was "denied" at first because they said I didn't submit the required paperwork, (liars), so after I called to complain, they "magically" looked it up in the system and what do you know, "yes sir, we see that you bought it from us online and we do have your information", and since you are a "preferred customer" i'm going to expidite this so you don't have to wait the normal 30 day online response time, so your check should be mailed out in 15 "business" days....we'll see...jokers.

Upvote 0
So after seeing that it was declined last week I finally got a chance to call yesterday to find out why. According to the rebate support rep, yes they have their own reps for the rebates, the only way you qualify for the $100 rebate is if you receive the $150 instant savings at purchase. Since this is my second line which isn't the primary premier line, my wifes is primary of course, I only got $75 instant savings since I had gotten my pre a little over a year ago. So, long story short, if you pay more for the phone you get no rebate. I've been with sprint 14 years and I got a real good laugh out of that logic. Oh well, it's a good thing I love this phone.

Upvote 0
I bought mine online and couldn't find the receipt a few days later when I went to mail it in. I e-mailed Sprint through the website to see if I could get a copy of the receipt and they wrote back claiming that I "wasn't eligible for the rebate", but then credited my account for $100. Worked for me.

Upvote 0
Mine got declined. It said something about the phone number provided was invalid. I sent them an e-mail questioning it and gave them my number. They replied back saying my number was incorrectly entered into the system and that they have updated my record with the correct number. After that I checked the status and it was back at 58% and no longer declined. A few days later I check again and what do you know, declined again for the same reason as previously stated. I guess I will be giving them a call tomorrow.

Just a little update (if anyone cares :p), I sent them a second e-mail and received a reply saying my rebate has been approved and I should get a check within 30 days :D. Despite the initial decline, I appreciate Sprint for getting it fixed even if I had to wait a little longer for my rebate check.

Upvote 0
this is what i wanna know. how long did it take you guys to get your check after your rebate status turned to 100%?? mine switched to 100% earlier this wk (tuesday i think).

It took 2 weeks for me after it changed to 100%. The letter with the check was dated a week after 100%, so they either have to do more processing before the check is actually sent, or maybe they only send out all the checks once a week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones