• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Discuss all Moto Droid Razr/Maxx HD rumors/release date/speculation/news

199 is tempting on the Maxx.

We have to get two phones and we do have our final 100 NE2 credit. I'm almost about done waiting on the Fighter/RazrHD/Whatever because I'm getting antsy.

I was pretty much sold on the GS3, but knowing Verizon, they will price it at 299 (While AT&T, Sprint and TMo will sell it for 199, no doubt). I honestly would prefer not to get another Samsung product, as I have a GT10.1 and their lack of updates has been no surprise.

Decisions, decisions. I think I'll see if I can find a coupon code online to bring that price down any further and sweeten the deal. Hmmmm.

Upvote 0
So with this price drop, is the Razr HD coming sooner then later? I want to hear something BEFORE the Galaxy S3 Launches, so i can make a decision.

My guess is later. Obviously they want to get rid of their inventory of RAZR MAXX's before introducing a new product. They will not sell anything new until at least 2 weeks after the sale ends to prevent people from returning the MAXX for the HD. Based on similar tactics with the Incredible 2 and Rezound I'm guessing we are looking at a couple of months before the HD is released.

Upvote 0
My guess is later. Obviously they want to get rid of their inventory of RAZR MAXX's before introducing a new product. They will not sell anything new until at least 2 weeks after the sale ends to prevent people from returning the MAXX for the HD. Based on similar tactics with the Incredible 2 and Rezound I'm guessing we are looking at a couple of months before the HD is released.

Yeah, I see that logic but Motorola would be dumb to let everyone jump on the Samsung S3 bandwagon without "officially" announcing a date for the next "verizon droid branded" flagship. For example, S3 is to come out in Late June. If Moto doesn't announce, say Mid July release for the Razr HD, then most people will have already jumped on the S3 instead of possibly waiting an few weeks to get the latest Razr.

Upvote 0
Who says they have to get rid of the Maxx inventory? With the price they've been selling the regular Razr for, perhaps that is the low end, the maxx is the mid tier and the Fighter is the high end.... Why not have a price point for everybody?

(I would say just ditch the Razr and have the Maxx and the Fighter, but with them still bringing out new colors, I don't see it that way).

Upvote 0
Who says they have to get rid of the Maxx inventory? With the price they've been selling the regular Razr for, perhaps that is the low end, the maxx is the mid tier and the Fighter is the high end.... Why not have a price point for everybody?

(I would say just ditch the Razr and have the Maxx and the Fighter, but with them still bringing out new colors, I don't see it that way).

I think it depends on the specs of the Fighter/HD. If it is a RAZR MAXX with upgraded screen and processor I can't see them keeping both around. If it has a larger screen or something else to set it apart perhaps they will keep both around. It would not surprise me either way.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I see that logic but Motorola would be dumb to let everyone jump on the Samsung S3 bandwagon without "officially" announcing a date for the next "verizon droid branded" flagship. For example, S3 is to come out in Late June. If Moto doesn't announce, say Mid July release for the Razr HD, then most people will have already jumped on the S3 instead of possibly waiting an few weeks to get the latest Razr.
That's exactly what I'd do.

I'm holding on to my DX (been amazing since installing an ICS ROM), but the first phone that comes out with "acceptable" specs (4" screen on Inc4G won't do it for me), I'm going to get.

I know the specs for the Galaxy S3 and that would probably do it, though I'm pretty anti-Samsung due to crappy phones I've had before and total lack of updating their phones.

If the S3 comes out and Moto has been mum, I'll have no choice but to upgrade.

Upvote 0
I've been going back and forth all day over just getting the Maxx. Since I keep my phones for the full two years (unless of course it's just an atrocious device) I don't think I'd be happy with the Maxx for two years. Hell, I'd just get the Inc 4G if that were the case.

I'm giving them until the day the Galaxy S3 is released on Verizon. If I don't hear anything about their new flagship, I'll be enjoying my S3 for two years (and will be avoiding all tech websites for a while so I don't know what I might be missing. LOL)

Reactions: Kdasilva20
Upvote 0
199.99 without logging in. Login and then price drops to 149.99 for 50.00 Discount (upgrade bonus/Loyalty discount).
Add the 30 dollar charge for upgrade and you end up with 179.99.

That is the price that it shows for me.

WTH? I tried going through the process of selecting it and checking the price in my cart and it's charging me $199.99 PLUS $30.

Had you used your last NE2 discount already? If not, maybe this is why you are seeing a $50 discount. I thought it used to be $100. The NE2 discount was phased out but current customers were grandfathered in for one last discount.

I emailed Costco to see if they would match the discounted price and so far they are not.

Upvote 0
I logged into "My Verizon" and clicked the upgrade link. It shows the Razr Maxx at $149.99. I'm assuming this includes the "loyalty" discount they been dangling in front of me since around the first of the year. I'm also assuming that the $30 upgrade fee will be added in later. (If I were to buy the Maxx, which I'm not at this time)

I waiting for information on the Maxx HD/Fighter. (Official information of course)

Good luck to all of us in getting the phones we want and to getting phones that treat us right!

Upvote 0
How r ppl seeing it for $149.99 and $169.99 if it is for $199.99?

Hmmmm, I have always seen the $50 discount on upgrades which I always thought was part of my corporate discount plan. I just looked today, and no $50 discount. Either Verizon has changed their terms with my company, or it may be because I've been off contract for one year effective tomorrow.

Upvote 0
The "Loyalty" upgrade is either $30 or $50 depending on your plan. I think you have to have a plan of $99 or higher to get the 50 discount.

Back on topic... I just saw this article this morning: Where On Earth Is Motorola? - Mobility - Smartphones - Informationweek. Might have some validity since we haven't heard anything out of Moto for a while...

Upvote 0
Ugh not primary person on my account so can't look up online. Ill let you all know if my price changes.

On topic: I really hope Motorola isn't just sitting on their butts until owned by Google. I may hulk out if they are

Agree, if Moto is sitting around waiting, it just means we are sitting around waiting, and well, i am already sitting around wiggling around like I have to go to the restroom with no restroom in sight. With that said, if no announcement by Moto before the S3 is released, then i will be owning an S3. Prefer the Moto but we can't wait forever.

Upvote 0
Where would it show loyalty discount? I selected upgrade phone, logged in with primary account (moms, hope that doesn't make a difference), selected the maxx which said 199.99. Went through added to cart and at the end still was 199.99. Is it just primary account? I've been available for an upgrade since 5/5/2010

Sounds like you don't have the Loyalty discount. If you log in, go to eligible upgrades. "your now looking at the page that shows "your device", "your moms device" and who ever elses that is under the account. Under each phone will show the date that it is eligible for an upgrade." Under one of those phones there should be a 50.00 loyalty bonus if the account has one available. If none of the phones have this then unfortunately the account didn't qualify. Now what the qualifications are, I have no clue.

Upvote 0
if no announcement by Moto before the S3 is released, then i will be owning an S3. Prefer the Moto but we can't wait forever.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the S3, but it'll probably be very similar to the Razr HD spec wise, so if it looks/feels better than it looks online I may do the same thing.

I still would love a phone with the maxx's battery, on-screen keys, and a decent screen. But the longer I wait, the further in the future my next upgrade will be...

Upvote 0
I still would love a phone with the maxx's battery, on-screen keys, and a decent screen. But the longer I wait, the further in the future my next upgrade will be...

Agree 100%. Moto build quality is just better. Kevlar backing vs. cheap plastic, Nano coating vs. umm none, gorilla glass vs. umm none, better antenna vs. okay antenna, bigger battery vs. standard battery, etc.

dang i think i just talked myself into waiting for the Moto, no matter what..
"we will see, im an inpatient person when it comes to technology"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones