• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you like the Sense UI?

Do you like like HTC Sense UI.... Explain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to prefer stock android over sense, but the helicopter view IMHO has made sense infinitely more usable. The widgets (mail and twitter especially, and of course the beautiful weather clock :D) are really useful as well, and I too haven't experienced lag (on 1.5 or 2.1). I could never be bothered to use all the home screens before because I never wanted to swipe 3 times to use them, but the helicopter view now means I can jump straight to any panel.

On the other hand, I do prefer the default stock android styling, but the benefits of sense outweigh the appearance for me.

Upvote 0
After updating to the leak, I've dropped back to 3 screens. My battery lasts longer and I dont have the lag that I was having with Sense. Which is the reason I switched in the first place. I haven't ran into anything that I can't do without having sense. For me, it just works better and thats all that matters. I can see why some would like to use Sense. But I really dont need the seven screens. Its personal pref. thats all.

Upvote 0
Like Sense UI, but am going back and forth in deciding if I wanna keep this or go to the Droid. I could easily find a Sense theme and without that redundant phone button in the center for the Droid. The Eris does have its times where it shines and some where the lag is so bad its unusable. If the Droid is a lot better then im jumping, but if its only a bit better then its not worth the effort to me go looking, Since it would require me selling the Eris and my Storm to cover the price difference between the two and I am having a hard time letting go of my Storm. Maybe this phone will be way better with root? hope so.

I like sense because its a lot similar to Mobile Shell 3 that I had on my Omnia. Made for a very easy change over. Only thing i'm kinda wondering about is I get two mail notifications from the same gmail account, is that because I have a mail widget too?

Thats exactly why. one for gmail and one for the widget. you can shut off notifications to either.

Upvote 0
I never understood when ppl said "Stock" vanilla android is how android is supposed to be and not blur, sense or whatever samsung uses.

I've read that not only in here but droid forums as well.

Like mentioned before, why buy a phone that's main feature or perks is the sense capability.

It's like buying a house with a master bedroom with a big walk-in closet that you don't use all the space for.

I've seen ppl complain sense is "useless" because they don't use all the real estate that 7 screen offers.

Personally, I had no idea touch flo 3d and Sense UI were basically the same thing till recently but it really makes Android &win mobile look so much nicer.

It does slow the phone down a bit but i wonder does that have more so to do with processor than sense.

I like it...If the droid had it when i owned a droid, it might actually have made it a lot nicer looking...

No Nvm....still be ugly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones