• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root does everything work on GV 1.4 ?

anyone updated yet? any noticeable improvements?
Updated about 6 hours ago, but not had chance to really dig deep or exercise everything. Seems to be an "under the hood" release rather than obvious new features. WiFi sleep bug fix may be welcome.

But I've not noticed any problems so far. And at the risk of tempting fate, I've not had WidgetLocker lose all of its widgets after a reboot, though I have only rebooted a couple of times since updating, so there's time for that one to reappear (the theme chooser/WL incompatibility).

Upvote 0
Arrange the homescreens? Because as far as I know, I can't backup my homescreen settings (widgets, apps and their exact location).
But if you are just updating you flash over without a wipe, so none of that stuff changes.

Honestly, I've not wiped since I switched permanently (around GV 0.8 I think), and Dan didn't even wipe from DeFroST.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones