• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does God make mistakes? :D

M

Member243850

HEY HEY :D

What's up and all that shite? :D

OKAY... before you all (all?) start throwing grenades and Kamehamehas at me... please note I am as sad about this as you are...

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME AN AETHEIST AGAIN

(nnnnoooooo!!!! omfg wtf did u just say!?!! mother 00oipjo$$$##99())()))))

Okay... now I tried hard not to be a know it all... I tried hard to see the world through a Christian's eyes.... but everytime I try... I just feel like God made one HUGE mistake....

And guess what that is??? :D:D:D:D:D:D

drrrrrrum roll plz!!! :

EVERYTHING

God made mistakes EVERYWHERE... what do you think? Mistakes alles!! (alles = everything :D)

:-D

I just look at the world and... I can't help shake this feeling anymore... I tried hard to love God again but... I am trying I reaaaaaally am....

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_mistakes_made_by_God

I gave in guys...... I have a problem guys.....

Hi everyone.... my name is STINKY... and I am now an atheist ERR "firm believer" in God.... XD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Ugggh. Metaphysics. I'd rather talk about metatarsals.

3rd-Met-stress-Fracture-with-callus-formation.jpg

Upvote 0
Lol Luna :D

I wonder... so strange isn't it?

It's weird... everything seems so strange... well I like or maybe adore the abstract... it's strange ... very strange to me...

So you don't like the abstract? :D

(sorry for the typos doing this from my phone)

What do you think Loony? You I feel more than most would be happy to answer but then again maybe I don't know you that we'll then ;)

Upvote 0
That's a loaded question @Stinky Stinky. I *am* strange, so it begs the question, do I like myself? Um ... I better not think about that one too hard. ;)

As for god (not big "G" God), if there is a singular supreme being responsible for pretty much everything, it's not some bearded human lurking in clouds or handing from crosses.

The problem with people is that we get upset with god for not being God (the one we created in our minds and books) and then get angry when "he" doesn't lower "himself" to our level of pettiness.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
If trying to raise yourself up to be closer to god, rather than drag him down to your level, you are not a good human. Take me with you!

Hehehehehehe :D:D:D:D:D

LOOOOOL!!!! xD

I just KNEW I could count on you buddy!!!! :D

Lol maybe I am super evil? :D so "evil" that it's even beyond the devil's imagination! So evil the devil itself cannot comprehend how crazy I am... lol.. "how dare he!?" xD looool

Maybe I have opened up pandor'as box?

Hmmm or maybe ... :D

Upvote 0
I still ask the question, to which nobody has given me a satisfactory answer - if there is a God, why does it allow so much suffering in the world it created?

I'll take a shot at an answer. Satan feeling that he can run things better than God, slandered Him. God told Adam and Eve they would die if they ate the forbidden fruit. Satan said they would not die. They of course died. In order to prove Satan wrong to the angels and mankind God allows him to run this system of things which is why there is so much suffering and misery. How much longer will God make us wait?
Only God himself knows the answer. I don't think it will be too much longer since most if not all the signs of the end days are being met.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much everyone f all your awesome replies.

(if it looks like a weirdo drunkard typed th is message out just remember I am typing this out from my phone :D)

I am trying very hard to be more loving these days... if one thing that is seriously missing (lacking) in our lives it's love.

Th world could seriously do with more love.

I am trying hard to reduce my anger... trying hard t believe in God again...

It's tough.

It takes a much stronger person to open themselves up to a not so open world.

For what it is worth God bless you.

May you have an awesome super dooper unparalleled epic 2017.

May God enter all our lives so that we may try as hard as can be to love one another.

Th Loonie for.yo awesome comment it made me think ver deeply...

Did God stop believing in Tesla?

Very good question! Got me Thinking a bit bigger...

You know just where to push my buttons Luna :D

Upvote 0
Well . I'm not sure if I am qualified to answer your question or not.
But it seems that you are a thinker.
Why don't you try another religion.
Maybe it is not what you belive in . Maybe it is the message reaching you and by who.
Just if you make small quick search, you would find that the other religion all over the world is islam.
I know what you might say. The are terrorists. Killers. And many other nasty words . But for your information Muslims are almost 1.5 billion and who are doing the bad things maybe hundred thousand or a little bit more .

Upvote 0
I don't know... I am 50/50 :/

I just don't get It ... why does God allow everything to suffer and then abandon everything?

I am trying hard to believe in God but... it doesn't make any sense any more... nothing seems to make sense anymore very scary :(

if there is a god why does it allow people to suffer? Doesn't make any sense. Nothing makes any sense

Upvote 0
I'll let Stephen Fry say it more eloquently than I could, but whenever I see TV documentaries about people born with really severe deformities, it reinforces my view that there is no God. For what kind of benevolent God would allow that to happen.
And can you explain homosexuality? According to the bible this is completely contrary to God's word, and yet if God created all things, he also created homosexual people. That's a complete contradiction.

"We have to spend our life on our knees thanking him? What kind of God would do that?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I love that film!

But on a serious note, I wonder if any people with faith in God can provide answers to the questions raised above. I am genuinely interested in how you reconcile all the suffering and injustices in the world, with a kindly and caring God, who is all powerful, yet allows events like the holocaust to happen.

Upvote 0
I love the way theists contradict themselves. Example: Atheists will often ask believers how there can be a god if there's so much suffering. Theists will say suffering is due to man, god gave us free will and if we choose to have wars and so on it's our decision. He is a not an interventionist god. But then why do they pray they'll get chosen for the promotion at work?

Upvote 0
But then why do they pray they'll get chosen for the promotion at work?

To quote Elvis Costello (God's Comic - Album: Spike)

"While you lie in the dark, afraid to breathe and you beg and you promise
And you bargain and you plead
Sometimes you confuse me with Santa Claus
It's the big white beard I suppose"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones