• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download 3026.prl (Latest) and Update Instructions! (Regularly Updated)

This is off topic, but you know, this PRL update actually makes the Samsung Admire one hell of a good deal now. I have heard the download speeds on 3G are better than expected (have not tested them yet with my Esteem though). An Admire after tax, activation, & rebate comes out to about 100 bucks for the phone. No worrying about Indulge battery drain, plus it's running a faster version of Android, and more importantly, you pay $50 a month for unlimited 3G downloading, unlike with the 4G/LTE $50 plan which caps you to 1GB. Definitely a good overall deal for someone on a budget, especially once they finish expanding 3G coverage. Between this and the Esteem, Metro really has given the Indulge the shaft.

EDIT: Just realized that subscribers on the 4G/LTE $50 plan who exceed the 1GB cap and are in a 3G area will now just drop to 3G from 4G instead of 1x if they use these new PRLs, which is pretty nice too.

Upvote 0
Found 3G signal up in New Port Richey on the way into work today..
Finally getting closer to me.. :)
Seems like today is the day Metro is turning 3G on for Clearwater/us19 area.

Best thing is now now only does it not drain battery as bad, but you can now run
Juice Defender on it if you go into CDMA Only mode!!
That means even MORE battery savings!!

Now if we can just get a CM7 port.... Then JuiceDefender would prolly run great
with the 4G also, then I could use 4G and save battery still..

N3M3515

Upvote 0
Found 3G signal up in New Port Richey on the way into work today..
Finally getting closer to me.. :)
Seems like today is the day Metro is turning 3G on for Clearwater/us19 area.

Best thing is now now only does it not drain battery as bad, but you can now run
Juice Defender on it if you go into CDMA Only mode!!
That means even MORE battery savings!!

Maybe the problem is that I'm too used to LTE now and have forgotten just how tragic it is to use 1X, but Metro's version of 3G just seems too slow to even bother with for me...since it seems to be bottom-of-the-barrel 3G (200kbps)

Upvote 0
Lately I have been picking up 3G and ill tend to have around 3 bars of reception. Then when I go to use the internet or anything with data... I imediately get zero bars and the connection is slow. I almost wanna go back to the original prl 03015. Can anyone explain this?

Nothing much to explain just that MetroPCS's 3G coverage isn't that great. You will find it perfect only in a few areas in certain states.

Upvote 0
If you download TeamViewer 6, I am sure one of us could remotely help you? I would be more than willing, but I have alot going on tomorrow and I am not sure when I can get on. If you dont have it figured out by tomorrow night, say 9ish, send me a PM and I will be more than willing to try and help you out. I successfully did it on mine, 4 of my friends (after I figured out where I was going wrong), then I did my Father's/Mother's/Wife's LG Optimus M phones!

i found my port but it say no phone... is there somthing wrong wit my phone..

Upvote 0
this works 100% flawlessly i updated just for kicks few days ago and here in tampa i get 3g when i turn off my 4g. speeds are capped at around 200 kb/s so if any1 is expecting somthing more sorry to burst ur bubble... anyways i got a kind of out of category question see before i had my indulge i had the samsung code and im pretty sure that phone has evdo compatbilities so my question is could i update the prl on that phone and get 3g on it? since its no longer mine and i wanted to do it for my friend that would be cool.

Upvote 0
Prl updates should not negatively affect phone usage.
maybe you installed a misbehaving app around the same time you updated the prl?

That is what I thought but this is not the first time I have had this issue, when the 3020 update came out and I manually updated my phone was doing the same random things. I used 228 to get the latest prl from metro and my phone stopped acting weird and I left it alone, Then I tried 3023 and the problems returned same with 3024.

Upvote 0
thats a random prob with ur phone cuz i updated to latest prl and i have had 0 probs so far. and regarding all phones that can handle 3g i know that but im assuming i have to change some settings to upload new prl file? well i suppose best way to find out is to do it myself and find out.

Upvote 0
That is what I thought but this is not the first time I have had this issue, when the 3020 update came out and I manually updated my phone was doing the same random things. I used 228 to get the latest prl from metro and my phone stopped acting weird and I left it alone, Then I tried 3023 and the problems returned same with 3024.

When you use QPST, it writes data to the phone. If you tampered with anything else other than the PRL in the Service Programming screen, it's possible that you changed something that you shouldn't have touched. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it's the only thing I could think of for why your phone would be screwy after doing a manual update. You could try reinstalling your phone's drivers & QPST to your computer again and see if that helps, but honestly, 3G speeds are so pathetic that I think you're wasting your time. Just go back to Metro's PRL and end your headaches with your Indulge

Upvote 0
thanks! 3G in Davie, FL. So far it comes and it goes, and speeds aren't anything to wet your pants over. But hey, its here(kinda).

Attachments

• davie 3g.jpg
    davie 3g.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
im all the way through step 9 but i get no "COMXX-USB/QC Diagnostic" I have to uncheck "USB/QC Diagnostic" in order to see a "COM06 or COM07" port ..now once i decided to uncheck the "USB/QC Diagnpstic" box and the 2 ports showed up I chose (COM06) I proceeded to step 10 "start clients"and opened Service Programming then step 11 (i cannot click on the new phone selection window) it is stuck on work offline and I cannot seem to figure out how to change (The work offline tab shows many FFA lines) dont know which to choose and i cant choose "read from phone" ...frustrating is an understatement at this point!!!! ...if someone would be willing to help me through this i would greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I'm in San Jose on a flashed HTC incredible prl3022 and getting top speeds of 1.2mbps on 3g. Only thing is the service is a little blotchy, I get 3g 80% of the time but somtimes get kicked back to 1x. Hopefully this new prl will help with the service drops.

Yea, you should update your prl to 3024, it might increase signal strength in your area for 3G.

Upvote 0
Hmm... Quick off-topic question here...
Is there a way to update a Non-Android phone's PRL that somebody knows of?
Say, for example, that somebody has an LG Imprint, or a MessagerII, or even a Kyocera Domino. Is there a way for those phones' PRLs to be updated too?
GASP members might like to know this stuff!!!
Okay, I invented GASP... It's Grandmas Against Smart Phones, but hey, they might still want to upgrade their "feature" phones... :D

Upvote 0
this works 100% flawlessly i updated just for kicks few days ago and here in tampa i get 3g when i turn off my 4g. speeds are capped at around 200 kb/s so if any1 is expecting somthing more sorry to burst ur bubble... anyways i got a kind of out of category question see before i had my indulge i had the samsung code and im pretty sure that phone has evdo compatbilities so my question is could i update the prl on that phone and get 3g on it? since its no longer mine and i wanted to do it for my friend that would be cool.

All 3g capable metro phones can use those steps to enable 3g, yes.
It's all about getting the prl on your phone. Once that's done, you're all set.

regarding all phones that can handle 3g i know that but im assuming i have to change some settings to upload new prl file? well i suppose best way to find out is to do it myself and find out.

It's not about settings on the phone. It's about making sure you have the right program to update the prl. QPST is for qualcomm devices. So if your phone has a duffrent chipset, the corresponding program may change, that's all.

on the indulge we had to change one setting but either ill try it out.:D

Hmm... Quick off-topic question here...
Is there a way to update a Non-Android phone's PRL that somebody knows of?
Say, for example, that somebody has an LG Imprint, or a MessagerII, or even a Kyocera Domino. Is there a way for those phones' PRLs to be updated too?
GASP members might like to know this stuff!!!
Okay, I invented GASP... It's Grandmas Against Smart Phones, but hey, they might still want to upgrade their "feature" phones... :D
geeze tiede u gotta read slower next time b4 u answer questions lol that was my question to you earlier and you said yea with the samsung code which isnt an android phone but has windows mobile 6.1 i believe....... lol epic

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones