• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download Help!!

MariaC25

Lurker
Mar 25, 2016
I am using the Facebook app and my friend recently sent me a song to check out but every time I go to download it using the Messenger app it keeps saying " download unsuccessful" and I have tried twice and restarted my phone to see if it fixed this issue. I also have that app called Download All Files thinking it would help but I still get the same error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Try using the facebook lite app. It uses much less space and isn't a hog when it comes to processes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.lite

????? I just tried to install that, and got the message: "this app is not available in your country"

what the hell? Facebook is trying to tell me what I can, and can't use on my phone?
so, I fire up PureVPN and I switch to Algeria.... again, I got the same message.

so then I switch to China, verify my IP is there: decide to switch to Ghostery for privacy, and click on INSTALL and nothing happens.

I switch over to Chrome and click on INSTALL and then a screen comes up: "you must sign in to continue" ??
if I do that, Chrome is part of Google, so it will know where my home base is.

so, I decide to do that anyway, and I get "the page you requested is invalid"

Then I switch to AdBlock browser, click on INSTALL and nothing

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
????? I just tried to install that, and got the message: "this app is not available in your country"

what the hell? Facebook is trying to tell me what I can, and can't use on my phone?
so, I fire up PureVPN and I switch to Algeria.... again, I got the same message.

so then I switch to China, verify my IP is there: decide to switch to Ghostery for privacy, and click on INSTALL and nothing happens.

I switch over to Chrome and click on INSTALL and then a screen comes up: "you must sign in to continue" ??
if I do that, Chrome is part of Google, so it will know where my home base is.

so, I decide to do that anyway, and I get "the page you requested is invalid"

Then I switch to AdBlock browser, click on INSTALL and nothing

You went a lot deeper than I would of my friend. lol.

Anyhow the Facebook Lite app is exactly what svim said, however, I installed it before in the US awhile ago using a Samsung device. I imagine there has been some "re-tooling" of the app since then limiting the market size of it.

There are a few other apps that appear to be "Facebook Lite", however, they aren't from Facebook, they are developed by other people, which could be a little worrisome if you are concerned about your privacy.

However, if you don't have these concerns you can try out some of the other Facebook Lite apps on the market.

Upvote 0
There are a few other apps that appear to be "Facebook Lite", however, they aren't from Facebook, they are developed by other people, which could be a little worrisome if you are concerned about your privacy.

Privacy and Facebook are on opposite sides of vocabulary table, there simply isn't any of the first when you're talking about the second. A lot of people complain about Google's vacuuming up of personal data but ignore the fact that FB is doing the same. At least Google's ToS states in plain language that it's using us as fodder for it's own purposes, FB on the other hand is more opaque about it.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I am using the Facebook app and my friend recently sent me a song to check out but every time I go to download it using the Messenger app it keeps saying " download unsuccessful" and I have tried twice and restarted my phone to see if it fixed this issue. I also have that app called Download All Files thinking it would help but I still get the same error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

You can get an xposed app called one tap Facebook video download or something can't remember the name.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones