1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Download Manager Stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdris7319, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cdris7319

cdris7319 Lurker

Let me start by saying I'm a total dummy with smart phones. The only apps I use are the basic ones that come with the phone; email, camera, contacts, phone, messaging, chrome, gallery, calculator, weather, and occasionally google maps and the alarm clock. I have only downloaded one app and that was to back up my messages to move from one phone to another. I deleted it as soon as I ported my messages. Whenever something shows up at the top about updates or something - I just "clear" and keep using the phone.

Yesterday, for some unknown reason, I said yes to the marshmallow 6.0 update. I noticed that my weather app wouldn't update. I clicked "update" and got a notice that said I had to update the "weather theme" in order for the app to work. The download manager ran for 9 hours until I cleared the cache/data.

Also, I noticed another icon in the notification bar. When I slid it down it said "App Updates - Preparing to update apps". That was up there for hours until I finally agreed to the LG terms of service. Then I sew that 8 apps have updates. I selected the email, the weather, and the quick memo. Again, I have the download manager running for 12 hours (I did this after midnight last night). The only 2 listed are the weather theme and quick memo 2. I don't know why email isn't there.

Anyway, in playing around I discovered that many of my Google apps don't work. Google Play just shows a white screen, and the others just have a spinning circle. I don't know if this has been the case all along or just since this marshmallow thing because I don't use them.

So - based on my phone usage - the only thing that bugs me is the weather app. Even though email needs an update - it works. It displays differently that it did before marshmallow, but that's fine. I used Quick Memo once in the past, but that app won't work at all until the update is in place. But I have concerns that things will get worse if I don't fix it all.

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

Do a factory reset.

LG G4 Forum

The LG G4 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews