• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna go on the record saying i dont hate anthrax, never said i did (you may not be referring to me but w/e), but this thread is turning into an all out attack on chad and i dont think that was ever the message. its just that the only time it seems we hear about drama its chad and his kernel. saying anthrax around here has become kind of a taboo voldermort like name. and by now his point has been made heavily.

but, we get it chad, you kick ass, people kanging you suck, but deal with that crap yourself and leave the ones who've been supporting you all along out of the drama of it all. i dont really care that your going to court or that so and so member hurt your feelings, that crap is for social networks like facebook.

but considering chad isnt a member here, to my knowledge anyways.... its not fair to even have this discussion really and this thread should probably be deleted or locked. i dunno its not my call...

Upvote 0
There are a lot of ignorant replies on this thread, especially the ones from people who hate anthrax. Sad, just sad...

I know right? Some people are just blind....anthrax is buggy? Since when? I've literally ran every version since he started developing again and minus a few reboots here and there on some test kernels, everything has been amazing. His kernels outperform others even when they are overclocked higher...

Edit: this thread should definitely be shut down, bunch of b.s. in here about a good man trying to be nice to the community and he gets graped in return

Upvote 0
I'd be very interested in knowing how exactly Mr. Goodman's personal "drama" has affected anyone else? Chads kernels are readily available and require absolutely no "drama" on your part to be able to download and enjoy. :rolleyes:
Or not!
ahem, just for the record, if you wanna download anthrax 3.7.0 these are the steps that have to be taken.

1. you have to register at Anthrax Development | Android Development Community
2. then post like 5 times in 5 days, while being able to view only the introduction thread and the chatbox.
3. then IF you get approved you get to dig for the kernels only to find a thread that send you to a special passworded server.
4. you have to post at least every 30 days to stay active or your acct gets deleted.
5. everyone acts like a jerk to noobs through the whole process.

please correct me if im wrong, but i would say thats affecting the end user pretty much.

in comparison... to get say buttered toast its as easy as clicking once here

Upvote 0
As previously posted, buttered toast is the gpl compliant Xda approved version of anthrax, without the proprietary information that HTC provides under a nda. The only legal way around it is to distribute it privately, hence the restrictions. And you have download privileges after your introductory post is approved by a mod, the 5 post requirement is so you can post without moderation. It helps cut down on the "drama" from people signing up just to start flame wars. And the mods are merely enforcing that you read before posting, which you agreed to when signing up. Xda is pretty much the same, here we're a lot more understanding and tolerant of new users. That's what makes this forum different and great. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, when I registered I only had to post once, wait about 20 mins, and then I could download kernels from a normal server. AnthraX is a nice community, if you're a nice person. I really don't get why you're so biased against anything Chad related. Just chill and enjoy all of the development available at your fingertips, which has made our phones so much awesomer :cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones