• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 3 Screen Issue

Hello and welcome to the forums Ttrail93 - thanks for joining :)

You have said that you have not dropped it... what was the last thing you were doing before it stopped working? Is your phone rooted? If you don't know what that is, I'd assume that it isn't. How long has it been like this?

It sounds like it may be a hardware issue but, as I am not familiar with your phone, you may be better asking other users of the same phone in the Droid 3 sub-forum.

All the same, perhaps one of the other staff may be able to shed a little light on this for you?

Upvote 0
Does the screen come on when you open the keyboard?

There is a ribbon cable that controls the display that some have reported has failed. It could be that.

Also, if you pull battery, reinsert it and restart the phone, do you ever see the normal boot animation logo, or does that also never show?

Upvote 0
This Ribbon aka Flex cable, what ever you want to call it, seems to be a great bug. All around forums i have seen posts people claiming about it. I have replaced mine 2 weeks ago, worked for 1.5 week than same! Cable damaged. ( screen was going black when slide out ) and doesnt return, while phone stays on thats a typical flex cable issue

So now, i got another device, also used, now a similair problem. Just rooted the device, but it cant be that, can it?? Because D-U-R-X asked, i doubed. If its because of root, how to fix it? i have already did stock again. but same, factory reset also didnt help

Like ttrail wrote, normally the dual core image has to comes, but this time only screen lights up, than goes black again.. And i have to addmit, sometimes its booting up, ( at red eye it stucks, but boots up, i can hear the DRoooid, drooid sounds.. when it boots normally as i slide out, the screen fades away.. yes fades ( slowly goes black while everything dissapears.. so i doubt about lcd maybe
aNyone experience?

If i had another choise, i would already have throw this device out of a window, no matter which window ) but i have no other choise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones