• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible is TINY compared to Evo...

I wouldnt call the Incredible "tiny" but yea, the Evo is huge, Will be great to use it online though. I bought an iPad primarily because my Hero is pretty much not useable for the internet unless its a mobile site. A site like this is TINY on the Hero. You have to zoom in so much just to read anything, its not even worth it. I loaded this site up on the Evo and it was awesome, especially with that auto router or whatever its called that formats the text so you dont have to scroll all over to read it.

My good friend has the Incredible and its nice but it obviously lacks things like a front facing camera, HD video, 4G speeds, HDMI out and quite a few other things. Cant wait for Friday!

Upvote 0
My wife loved the size of the phone, she thought it was kind of small though...but she's used to handling big things. Maybe your Incredible feels better to you because you're used to working with smaller things.

If Sprint is bad in your area, I would definitely go with the Incredible. The Incredible is an excellent phone.

That's funny!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Some folks like the smaller size of the Incredible. At the same resolution, it's not as if they're missing much besides the easier input and larger viewing screen for movies / games. To me, those are big factors and reasons why I want the screen, but I can absolutely appreciate how others would prefer to have a smaller screen with the same resolution.

Upvote 0
I have had the Palm Pre, iPhone 3GS, HTC Hero, and now the HTC Evo. I can say without hesitation, I will never go smaller in screen size again. This is the perfect screen size and is still easily pocketable. Now if you wear Jordache Jeans that is a different story. Lol.

i am in love with the size to type on, compared to the eris/hero it its sooo big, love it

i am so going to have to start carrying around purses for this phone(which gives me an excuse to go to Coach friday as well) because when i go clubbing or partying or even out it will not fit into my jeans or skirt

thats my only con, thus far

Upvote 0
i am in love with the size to type on, compared to the eris/hero it its sooo big, love it

i am so going to have to start carrying around purses for this phone(which gives me an excuse to go to Coach friday as well) because when i go clubbing or partying or even out it will not fit into my jeans or skirt

thats my only con, thus far

Just an excuse to accessorize :cool:

Upvote 0
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/560483/notthatmuchbigger.jpg

You'd have to have really small hands or tight pants to find this phone too big, I think.

Actually, from that perspective, the EVO is huge compared to Inc, and that considers the perspective of the Inc is bigger than it it really is, since it is on top in the picture.

EVO, you so beeeeg :eek:

added:

Man, jiggly sites will sure look good on that 4.3" screen..... Oh come on, that is what most of you are thinking anyways ;) Same thing that fueled growth in VCR's, DVD's and the internet. I call it, "The Jiggly Effect". :)

Upvote 0
p.s.
Counting my Dad, I've converted 2 people to EVO's (because they are stuck with Sprint)

Stuck how? Is the coverage bad where they are? If so they should switch to another carrier regardless of anything. If the coverage is good then they aren't stuck, they a lucky! Sprint and T-Mo are the cheapest carriers so you can save a lot of dough if service is good where you live.

Upvote 0
Putting the juvenille comments about anatomy aside, one of the biggest attributes of the Incredible is that it puts so much capability into such a small package. Huh huh Beavis did he say package? Why would you want to carry the extra weight and bulk for a slightly larger screen? I suppose you would if you wanted that screen, which I did so I have an EVO on wait list, but will give it up because Sprint does not have reception in my neighborhood. What good is a smart phone that cannot get reception? If the EVO were on Verizon I would have gone for it, but don't downplay the value of a phone that is smaller and nearly equal is all regards. Some people feel the quality of the Incredible screen outweighs the size of the EVO. Time will tell. Enjoy your EVO, I hope it is everything you expected and more, but remember, more is not always better.

Upvote 0
The Incredible has been sold out for weeks. Not a single one to be found anywhere.

because of those AMOLED screens. some people take off a point for the Evo's screen being LCD. what they fail to think about is that if it were AMOLED, then
A) the release date would certainly not be June 4th
B) shipments on launch day would be cut in half, at least

i, for one, am glad it's LCD. we'll get AMOLED on the Evo 2, or maybe WVGA, in a year. manufacturers of important cellphone parts need to get their shit together.

Upvote 0
Putting the juvenille comments about anatomy aside, one of the biggest attributes of the Incredible is that it puts so much capability into such a small package. Huh huh Beavis did he say package? Why would you want to carry the extra weight and bulk for a slightly larger screen? I suppose you would if you wanted that screen, which I did so I have an EVO on wait list, but will give it up because Sprint does not have reception in my neighborhood. What good is a smart phone that cannot get reception? If the EVO were on Verizon I would have gone for it, but don't downplay the value of a phone that is smaller and nearly equal is all regards. Some people feel the quality of the Incredible screen outweighs the size of the EVO. Time will tell. Enjoy your EVO, I hope it is everything you expected and more, but remember, more is not always better.

main reasons most are getting the Evo over an Incredible:
1) Incredible currently sold out
2) Evo has a larger screen
3) Sprint has cheaper plans, esp when adding in unlimited txt, data. plus you get free mobile to mobile

those are pretty big reasons, imo.
if the Incredible were on Sprint, and not sold out, it would be extremely hard for me to chose one over the other, tbh. but then, 4G would likely make up my mind. Verizon has at least another year before they roll 4G out. at that time, i'll re-evaluate the phones on the market, and hopefully Verizon will be cheaper...who knows.

but as it stands, just because Sprint has 4G now, the Evo (again, opinion) will only be beat by another 4G phone, which means i won't pay much attention to any new phones unless it's a Sprint phone with 4G capabilities. :)

also, i'm an HTC fanboy. so really, HTC will have to release another 4G phone for me to drop the Evo. either way i look at it, whether on Sprint or another carrier...we've got about a year before the next greatest handset in the U.S. drops.

Upvote 0
I looked at Sprint too, but found coverage to be much better in KY with Verizon. We have company BB plans through Sprint and coverage for data is not as good. I would rather pay $10 more and get 3G everywhere than pay $10 less and get 3G hardly anywhere in the area I live.

If you live in a well covered Sprint area, that makes Sprint a great consideration.

Still, if VZW had the EVO, I might pick it over the Inc, due to the sweet screen :)

Still, having over twice the app space, 6.6gb of media space and ability to hotswap the microsd is nice on Inc..... May be a coin flipper.

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
If Sprint was getting the Incredible instead of the EVO i would probably just keep my Hero and wait for the next big thing. I have used a few Inc.'s and just am not impressed my the screen in a lit area. I use my phone so much in my car. I stream music all the time. I dont like the way i wouldnt be able to see the screen on the Incredible. Honestly the Incredible seems like it should have been called the Hero 2. I am no fool and know its a better phone that the Hero. But the screen seems narrow and tall. It wouldnt be worth switching.

Now i was in a best buy today and they have the Incredible and EVO dummys right next to each other and the evo screen is huge. When you turn the phone over from the back it doesnt seem that large of a phone. Flip it over and WOW. They also have on another table the Evo next to the Hero. It makes the poor hero look funny. It makes it look so small i had to pull mine out of my pocket to make sure the dummy phone wasnt smaller.

Upvote 0
If Sprint was getting the Incredible instead of the EVO i would probably just keep my Hero and wait for the next big thing. I have used a few Inc.'s and just am not impressed my the screen in a lit area. I use my phone so much in my car. I stream music all the time. I dont like the way i wouldnt be able to see the screen on the Incredible. Honestly the Incredible seems like it should have been called the Hero 2. I am no fool and know its a better phone that the Hero. But the screen seems narrow and tall. It wouldnt be worth switching.

Now i was in a best buy today and they have the Incredible and EVO dummys right next to each other and the evo screen is huge. When you turn the phone over from the back it doesnt seem that large of a phone. Flip it over and WOW. They also have on another table the Evo next to the Hero. It makes the poor hero look funny. It makes it look so small i had to pull mine out of my pocket to make sure the dummy phone wasnt smaller.

Not sure what you mean by not being able to see the screen in the car, I use my INC all the time in the car and it's just fine. The only issue is DIRECT sunlight and I was able to fix that by kicking the brightness all the way up.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean by not being able to see the screen in the car, I use my INC all the time in the car and it's just fine. The only issue is DIRECT sunlight and I was able to fix that by kicking the brightness all the way up.

Maybe my friend didt have his screen all the way up. It really was hard to see. The fingerprints really stood out with the light on the screen. Its a matter of personal preference. I held the Hero and Inc next to each other in my car and my Hero actually looked better. The incredible looked like a projection tv vs an Lcd tv. It looks fine in the darker areas. But Amoled just isnt a technology i am liking so far. I dont care about dark blacks. I want my eyes to burn from the bright screen.

Its like the plasma vs lcd debate. Spec wise plasma is better. But the LCD is just brighter. maybe it washes out some darks. But i prefer that over dimly lit screens.

To each his own :)

Upvote 0
because of those AMOLED screens. some people take off a point for the Evo's screen being LCD. what they fail to think about is that if it were AMOLED, then
A) the release date would certainly not be June 4th
B) shipments on launch day would be cut in half, at least

i, for one, am glad it's LCD. we'll get AMOLED on the Evo 2, or maybe WVGA, in a year. manufacturers of important cellphone parts need to get their shit together.

I don't really like AMOLED, granted if your in a dark room the screen looks amazing but 95% of the time your not in a dark room and for me at least 75% of the time i'm outside and the AMOLED is terrible outside in Florida at least. Perhaps if you live in a less sunny place you can get away with it but not here. No more AMOLED screens for me on any of my phones.

Upvote 0
Actually, from that perspective, the EVO is huge compared to Inc, and that considers the perspective of the Inc is bigger than it it really is, since it is on top in the picture.

EVO, you so beeeeg :eek:

added:

Man, jiggly sites will sure look good on that 4.3" screen..... Oh come on, that is what most of you are thinking anyways ;) Same thing that fueled growth in VCR's, DVD's and the internet. I call it, "The Jiggly Effect". :)

Lol. You realize that I just copied the picture of the Incredible to the Evo's left and overlaid it in photoshop, right? No perspective changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones