• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Razr Bionx Nx| Catalyst 1.1 | Android 4.1 | Bionx Dashboard V2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
edit

Upvote 0
Ive been prepping this rom for another device (Spectrum) so its gonna be some time before I push out another update but heres what Ive been working on.

Bionx Dashboard 2.6 changelog
-Fixed Repeater Bug in xml (A user can back out of previously used tools and steps unlike before if you hit back in the tools, it takes you directly to dashboard)
-Patched up Preferences Java
-Added Accessories page for Referenced APK packages and Activities not built inside the Dashboard
-Cleaned up Bionx Tools
-Spare Parts Tools replaced with Modded Spare Parts Memory settings

Possible Ideas or Objectives for the Dashboard
"Any App developers wanting to contribute or add their 2cents into the Bionx Dashboard, PM me. Looking for someone to help integrate Pager UI"

-Filemanager (root?)
-Task manager (non battery killer)
-Root managment (Replace SU app?)
-AOKP navbar and notification settings?

Catalayst Changes
-Fix System UI (XML bug in StatusbarExpanded)
-Debloat System (Any app that can be downloaded off of google play will be removed to save space)
-Fix MMS
-Integrate more Xperia Framework?
-Update Audio affects
-Misc fixes/updates (System Framework Patches)

Any recommendations or ideas would be good

Upvote 0
Kexec support currently in development. Bionx-Kernel currently being developed by dtrails1 @ xda. Will support a multitude of enhancements and hd experience to users. Custom govenor driven with custom cpu oc increments will be available.

Regardless of what jellybean kernel your running, with kexec running the show. Bootloops will no longer be an issue. V2 is going to be one suoped up stock moto rom

Bionx Dashboard 2.8 will also drive the new kernel and features for users.

More information as it comes available.

Upvote 0
Currently working on zRam and voltage controls for the cpu controller in the Dashboard. dtrails been working hard on the kernel development so il update as we make progress. Alot of work is being put into this build. Hoping for Droid 4 support as well.

Also noticed during a clean flash, the system ui starting working perfectly with the centered clock mod. Fc caused by dirty flashes? Who knows...

I am also going to attempt a tabbed android settings mod. If it dont work, il be adding a quick settings panel in the Dashboard, unless you guys want both for convenience?

Upvote 0
How soon do you reckon before you get this latest build done. I have tried installing the current one on safestrap a few times until i realized that there was an update and my attempts were futile. It would install and say successful, but then it would just bootloop. At least I know why it is bootlooping i suppose.

Upvote 0
Alright!! The suspense is killing me!! I am ready for some catalyst v2!!

I have been super busy lately which led me to push back my date i had scheduled but im dedicating tonight for work on this.

"Im getting bootloops"

This is usually caused by the incorrect kernel installed. If u have the latest motorola jellybean, u must use matts utility to revert back to the leaked version for your device, gsm users need the jb verizon kernel installed. All this will be cured once we inject kexec, which is close but wont be ready for next update. The leaked firmware is required to be installed on cdma razrs to run Catalyst

"Im recieving a update notification for the system... should i install?"

No! That is the update to install the latest motorola jb update which will ruin the rom. I have that blocked in the update.

"Will V2 be based in Motorolas latest JB firmware?"

No, I dont have the time to redo everything and ive put to much time into the modifications for current build. Besides, ive dropped oem support. Next Bionx rom wil be Aosp based.

"Wil you need testers for V2?"

Absolutely, make a profile on Bionx.webs and il have a forum ready for you when its available. V2 will have integration to the Bionx Home Site

"Your website is corny... "

Donations are low so thats why =p

"What are you doing on the side?"

Making apps for google play, supporting the 360 laucher community with a new theme engine.

Reactions: dullawolf
Upvote 0
Keep an open eye on this beta testers, very soon! This will be an open beta but I cannot garuntee stability at this time. LTS users, keep an eye out on the beta users and if they shout out thats its stable, feel free to join the party.

http://bionx.webs.com/apps/forums/to...beta-nightlies

you are going to make me have to reimage my phone. I am pretty sure I have the OTA update.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones