• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dual Sim Support

Thanks, but in the UK, I believe that you have a different setup than we do. Your phones can actually take two physical SIMs. Ours can't, unless someone somehow bought a real, true dual SIM version.

Danny

I'm in China, and here all phones are dual-SIM. But I did read on AF that certain recent US variant Samsung single physical SIM devices, could be used with both a physical SIM and an e-SIM simultaneously. If that includes the Z Fold 4, I don't know for sure. Of course you must have a carrier that supports e-SIM activations.

Upvote 0
I'm in China, and here all phones are dual-SIM. But I did read on AF that certain recent US variant Samsung single physical SIM devices, could be used with both a physical SIM and an e-SIM simultaneously. If that includes the Z Fold 4, I don't know for sure. Of course you must have a carrier that supports e-SIM activations.

Yes, this is how the single SIM versions are set up here.

Danny

Upvote 0
yes the z fold 4 US variant can do a nano sim and and esim. it does not have actual dual sim support. other markets will have dual sim and a built in esim support.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-4-dual-sim/

I was thinking of trying out a local SIM card (eSIM)in the Z Fold 4 this Christmas when I am in Germany and Austria for Christmas, but to be honest, I am skeered of mucking up my phone setup just before leaving. It might be simpler to just use a second dedicated phone, but my previous phone, a Note 8, is at a crawling speed right now.

Danny

Upvote 0
I was thinking of trying out a local SIM card (eSIM)in the Z Fold 4 this Christmas when I am in Germany and Austria for Christmas, but to be honest, I am skeered of mucking up my phone setup just before leaving. It might be simpler to just use a second dedicated phone, but my previous phone, a Note 8, is at a crawling speed right now.

Danny
Try factory resetting the note 8, but nothing will get messed up on your phone if you use a second sim card...... Sorry esim card as far as I know.

Just backup everything with smart switch before doing so.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Try factory resetting the note 8, but nothing will get messed up on your phone if you use a second sim card...... Sorry esim card as far as I know.

Just backup everything with smart switch before doing so.

Factory reset would be the thing to do, but there are way too many files and things on there that I need to save before doing that. I am going to keep this phone minimalistic/cleaned up from the start.

Danny

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones