• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hiya! not sure what i'm doing here, but this site was recommended to me by an android devotee, and i love android...i'm not that...um...experienced. but i'm hoping to learn. i had an htc hero (i'm with sprint), and i think it was pretty crappy from the jump (i should have contacted someone about it, but i was just so excited to have a smart phone, i dealt with it). then i got a samsung galaxy s 3 which i LOVED, and i dropped it once...and it's broken. i'm trying to get a new screen, which is proving to be much more troublesome than i'd hoped. in the meantime, i'm trying to get my old phone back up and running, and in doing so, i've learned a tiny bit about rooting, and i'd like to do that, and i'd like to upgrade to gingerbread if possible. no luck so far, but i'm hoping there are super nice people here that can use relatively plain english to help me achieve these goals...

Hello there extrabajasauce. :hello: Glad to have you join the gang here at AF.

Sorry to hear about your S3 - Good luck getting it fixed.

So in the meantime, are you saying you're trying to root your old Hero? (BTW - that was my first Android too!) If so, here's a link to that phone's "All Things Root" section:
http://androidforums.com/sprint-hero-all-things-root/

Hope that helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones