1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

emergency

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Masterthedevice, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Masterthedevice

can't make a call. 'Emergency calls only'?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Check that your sim is active and seated properly.

3. Masterthedevice

4. Masterthedevice

I did that. When I turn on it says Enter sim card and PUK. PUK?

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

ocnbrze, mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The SIM is locked, and you have to enter your PUK code to unlock it. You'll need to get your PUK code from your carrier, but sometimes the PUK code is in the documentation that comes with a SIM, especially if it's a pre-paid SIM.

ocnbrze and puppykickr like this.
  7. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

In my experience, a carrier will/can not give a PUK code.

I went through this years ago, and if you enter the wrong code a number of times, the card will be locked- with a PUK2 code.

Good luck getting either one.

Best bet is to tell your carrier what happened, and they will {should} issue you a new card.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  8. Masterthedevice

puppykickr- nailed it. I believe the carrier is at&t but I also get free minutes from safelink which is a program for low income people. Prior to this I always used tracfones. I'm sure I've accumulated thousands of free minutes at this point. My question now is who provides the sim card, at&t, tracfone or safelink ?

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Did you get any documentation with the SIM card when it was issued? Unfortunately I can't really help you as I'm not in the US, and have never had to deal with their carriers or whatever MVNOs.

But FWIW I'm in China and when I've obtained any SIMs here, the PUK/PUK2 codes are on scratchcards that come with the SIMs.

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would call att first and then work your way down the list. one of them should help you out.

mikedt likes this.
  11. Yes and that is what I used to copy the puk exactly several times but it says it's incorrect.

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

OK, you definitely need to obtain a replacement SIM then, either from "at&t, tracfone or safelink", whichever one is your front-line service provider.

LG Q6 Forum

The LG Q6 release date was August 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 435 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2017
Release Date
Reviews