• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris discontinued?

Unpossible.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't really have a problem with the content and I will admit that each one does sound like something I would actually say. I do, however, have a problem with the fact that I didn't say them. I don't like the idea that someone used my name to post stuff on another sight.

Imitation is the sincerest form... But they can never be you. We know you.

Upvote 0
I don't like the idea that someone used my name to post stuff on another sight.

You might try querying the site admin there for the IP address of the person with that user name there. Send that via PM to the site admin here for comparison to users here.

Just a thought, if you want to smoke the person out.

Another approach might be to go into the Lounge area here and post a thread openly asking about it.

Upvote 0
I think I am going to contact the site and see they will give me the ip, but I also think making a federal case out of it will only make matters worse.

At least they didn't make me sound like an idiot, right?

There are many user names out there that have more than one person behind them; probably hundreds of "frisco" users.

But yours I have never seen before coming to this site. That does not mean it might not be the legitimate user name of some bloke or lady with interest in that genre (I googled it and the movie names, etc were manifold).

My first suspicion on seeing it, after you pointed it out, was that it was a person with another user name here copying you. But now that seems unlikely.

Upvote 0
The Eris isn't even that cool of a phone, what is the big deal?

Well, to some of us it is not a "big deal," but this legal stuff is just an interesting (possible) development.

I think I may agree with the spirit of your post; there are a lot of great devices out there. I do like my Eris very much, however lately I've become a little bit disconcerted by the 2.1 leak and by the anxieties expressed over rooting, not to mention the apparent upcoming inability to just keep 1.5 which works great for me on my Eris.

I sometimes get the feeling that I could have done better in my selection of a new device at the time I upgraded from my Samsung Instinct. I could have thought it through a bit longer, and most importantly I could have come to the Eris forums for a look around for a few weeks before making the purchase: I may have changed my mind, but I am not sure of that; it's just that the tone here seems to be that the Eris is not a great phone as is and needs either rooting or an upgrade/update to bring it up to snuff.

Temper all of he above with the fact that I am definitely not a geek type and have little understanding of these devices, only a good understanding of what I need a device to do.

Upvote 0
it's just that the tone here seems to be that the Eris is not a great phone as is and needs either rooting or an upgrade/update to bring it up to snuff.

I don't look at it that way at all. I see it more like, the Eris is a great phone and upgrading/updating makes it even better. I was really impressed with the phone when it was on 1.5, but I am astounded by how it performs on 2.1.

Upvote 0
I don't look at it that way at all. I see it more like, the Eris is a great phone and upgrading/updating makes it even better. I was really impressed with the phone when it was on 1.5, but I am astounded by how it performs on 2.1.

Cool. I am of similar opinion, except that I don't feel I need anything other than 1.5.

That gets me yelled at in here. :p

Upvote 0
Cool. I am of similar opinion, except that I don't feel I need anything other than 1.5.

That gets me yelled at in here. :p

LOL....
Yeah it is a great phone....
But the world is taking a turn towards the 1GHZ :)
My HD2 is the first 1 GHZ phone I have ever used, and WOW, the sheer power and speed is really mind blowing...
I think that the Eris is awesome, and its just evolution that we all keep upgrading to bigger and better stuff :)

Just realized this reads like random thoughts...LOL..oh well....

Upvote 0
LOL....
Yeah it is a great phone....
But the world is taking a turn towards the 1GHZ :)
My HD2 is the first 1 GHZ phone I have ever used, and WOW, the sheer power and speed is really mind blowing...
I think that the Eris is awesome, and its just evolution that we all keep upgrading to bigger and better stuff :)

Just realized this reads like random thoughts...LOL..oh well....

As it is the HD2 is wanted very much by many Verizon customers. I was wondering if there is an equivalent out there, the "Passion" or something.

[edit] .. found the Passion stuff .. it's an old article ..

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/10611.html

Upvote 0
As it is the HD2 is wanted very much by many Verizon customers. I was wondering if there is an equivalent out there, the "Passion" or something.

[edit] .. found the Passion stuff .. it's an old article ..

HTC HD2 for Verizon Wireless Could Be Android 2.0 Smartphone

Yeah....
The HTC Incredible is said to be sporting 1 ghz and Sense :)
And we all know that eventually Big Red will get a CDMA version of the Nexus 1...
Just dont know if it will be Verizon or unlocked...but either way...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones