• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris message program crashing.

I just looked at their webpage and i believe the credits are for people who do not pay for text messaging through verizon and it will allow you to send messags over 3g. But in your case you wouldnt have to buy these credits. Try it out. Also look at handcent i like it much better than chomp

That's correct on the Chomp credits. Optional for those who need them, but not required for those who don't. I use Handcent also, I like properties of both. At this point I couldn't say which one I think is the better of the two.

Upvote 0
Just a little update, uninstalled Advanced Task Killer and did a *228 2 and then did a battery pull and let her have at it. Worked for a bit but late last night while we was out it did it again.

I'm thinking I might download Handcent for her and see if that works. Is there anything I'll need to do on her phone to make it use Handcent as the new default messaging program?

Upvote 0
I had this problem for awhile with the stock app when I was using the messaging widget that came with the handset. If you click to open a message and then switch to landscape mode before it's had a chance to open all the way, it would crash every time and not send the message. If she's typing the message first, and THEN it won't send, I'd recommend what the others have already said and getting a new messaging app. Personally I prefer Handcent, but to each their own .

Hope you get it figured out!

Upvote 0
I had this problem for awhile with the stock app when I was using the messaging widget that came with the handset. If you click to open a message and then switch to landscape mode before it's had a chance to open all the way, it would crash every time and not send the message. If she's typing the message first, and THEN it won't send, I'd recommend what the others have already said and getting a new messaging app. Personally I prefer Handcent, but to each their own .

Hope you get it figured out!

just downloaded handcent seems nice.
is there a option other than just the icon to add to a screen like the oem messaging app that shows your exsisting conversations.

if not does chomp?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones