• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just got the Droid 2 after my eris. SOOOO much nicer. Just was wondering if there are any tips/tricks with the Droid 2 or problems/bugs I should know about.

Thanks everyone :)

Hello xNJxPlague (heck of a user name ;)).

Congratulations on your new phone. Be sure to have a look at the Tips and Tricks sub-forum for the 2:

Droid 2 - Tips and Tricks - Android Forums

..and maybe the Support area as well (to see how 2 owners are dealing with various issues):

Droid 2 - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

Good luck. Have fun with that new baby. :D

Upvote 0
Yes I do miss the size of the Eris but I LOVE the weight of the Droid and the Droid2. One of the biggest reasons I didn't get the Droid X is because it's all plastic and flimsy where the Droid2 is metal and heavier. I feel like I won't snap the phone in 2 sec ha

Exactly. My sister has the DX and I was messing around with it, and it felt exactly like you said and it got REALLY hot. But that couldve been because she has facebook, twitter..etc background notifications on as well as GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi all on haha.

The Droid 2 is a solid built phone and surprisingly ive been using the keyboard all the the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones