• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

Also, I tried the airplane mode trick - it worked for me too with regards to the %. The only real issue I've encountered with the update is every so often the phone dialer will be really laggy. I'll press a contact and nothing, then it dials after I've pressed home or another button/contact, etc. Great job to all the posters who've been extremely helpful over the past week!

Upvote 0
no, lots of people think this about all OS leaks, like blackberry too, and no, i think there is no basis whatsoever to think these things are leaked on purpose in order for them to make us all testers for them...

if they did, wouldn't the chinese leaker guy have dropped a complete working package and not one that needed to be patched.

regardless of that though, IMO, the whole idea is HIGHLY unlikely.

Microsoft did that with Windows 7, but I doubt this was an intentional leak.

they did? i knew you could use win7 in beta just by signing up free, i didnt know there was a leak before that though

Upvote 0
they did? i knew you could use win7 in beta just by signing up free, i didnt know there was a leak before that though

There were the official RCs and then there were versions that had updated builds every week or two. I dunno what those were called, but they made their way on to torrent sites with version numbers so I'm thinking something similar to what was done to the 2.1 leak (some hacker had to do some clean up work and then it worked) had to be done to those versions of 7. Those versions were patched so they eventually became more stable and didn't need to be activated. Once the final update was released, you had the final product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones