• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris to v2.x, when?

Assuming 2.1 and the stock clock/weather widget. Re-add the widget to your home screen. Just after it asks you about your location you get an option to check 'full screen animation'. If there is a way to do this without deleting and re-adding the widget, I don't see it.

Just had to prove me wrong didn't you. :p

Upvote 0
Just had to prove me wrong didn't you. :p

You are the awesomest ever mhotovec, i was trying to figure this out since i went to 2.1

And I can't tell you how thrilling it is to know an answer that you two legends didn't. I've already marked this day on my calendar, and I think I'll bump this thread every so often just to keep it on the first page... :)
Oh wait, it's a sticky!!

Upvote 0
Hey Caddy, when I spoke with the Verizon Supervisor yesterday, he was not suprised about: 1. having the 2.1 leaked version/tester version; and 2. Some of the problems I was describing to him. He said many of his co-workers in the tech dept. were using it and were reading the posts on the BB pages trying to duplicate some of the errors, etc. I guess I would ask, why wouldn't they be reading these posts and making notations to help create a bug free system when it is released? I may agree about the intentional release; but I know I would here picking up suggestions; corporate espianage is a given and snooping the BB's is probably no secret to anyone. Just a thought, I am not question you, just a thought..:cool: take care.

Upvote 0
Assuming 2.1 and the stock clock/weather widget. Re-add the widget to your home screen. Just after it asks you about your location you get an option to check 'full screen animation'. If there is a way to do this without deleting and re-adding the widget, I don't see it.

Thank You So Much!!!!!

I have been trying to figure this out all day.

Upvote 0
Ok I searched and searched.. cant find. Can someone please tell me how to add my own picture where it says "me" in the text message threads. I have a headache...

Open people and "click" on you (My Contact Card). Once opened hit menu and then edit. The rest you should be able to edit as you would a regular contact. Click on the picture or lack there of and select what you want. That should put an image of you in your text messages.

Upvote 0
You are the awesomest ever mhotovec, i was trying to figure this out since i went to 2.1

I hate it when somebody posts a solution that even I know but didn't post, and then they get all the thanks and smileys and love and hamburgers and beer and stuff. Oh the irony.

(lessee, should I put a smiley down here? .. hmmm.. nah)

Oh, 2.1.

Never mind. :D

Upvote 0
Open people and "click" on you (My Contact Card). Once opened hit menu and then edit. The rest you should be able to edit as you would a regular contact. Click on the picture or lack there of and select what you want. That should put an image of you in your text messages.

Thanks. i never even noticed the camera icon up in the top left corner. Facepalm for real.

Upvote 0
Ok I searched and searched.. cant find. Can someone please tell me how to add my own picture where it says "me" in the text message threads. I have a headache...

Funny I still cant edit my contact card.edit opens for a second then closes.

craigsphone never connects.

Maybe I'll reflash tomorrow. Idk some problems bother me some don't.....

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones