• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 4G on Kajeet?

Is it possible to activate an Evo on Kajeet? Normally you have to buy the phone from that company, but is there a way to go around that? I really want to activate this phone on Kajeet. Like possibly a ROM that would make the network recognize my device?

it might be possible as it uses sprint's network. i think that you will need to use cdma workshop to program the phone. i have never used it so i'm not sure on how to go about it.

Upvote 0
As far as I know unless you take the phone to a kajeet store and have them flash it to their network (usually for a fee) you'll need to purchase a legitimate phone. Also as far as i know CDMA workshop is a must if you want to do it yourself. I'm not sure if the program is free, if its not you'll need to buy that as well.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to do this? Like step-by-step instructions on how to do this? :thinking: Is there a way to do it without CDMA workshop? (Is CDMA free?)

no it is not free and it is designed for professionals to use. but if you google it, i'm sure that you will be able to find the info that you need. the other thing you can do is just call kajeet and ask them if it is possible.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to activate an Evo on Kajeet? Normally you have to buy the phone from that company, but is there a way to go around that? I really want to activate this phone on Kajeet. Like possibly a ROM that would make the network recognize my device?

Getting around the requirement to have a phone on their network would require copying the identity of one phone to another, without taking the original phone out of service.

That violates US federal law specifically on this subject, so we cannot support discussion of that on our forums, sorry.

In addition, that sort of cloning is the darling practice of phone thieves, and I know you don't want us encouraging them.

You should be able to root the changed phone without great difficulty.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones