• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo Outduels iPhone 4 on. CNET Prizefight

Popularity should not dictate performance though.

Unfortunately, we live in a day and age where that quote is true. The more popular something is, the less you see it faults.

I mean iPhone 4 still sells like crazy, with people either wilingly knowing its defect and just ignoring....or blindly not knowing it and just ignoring it.

Its an iPhone, people have become accustomed to the name, and that "everyone else" has or should have one.

But, atleast in my experiences, I am seeing more and more Android phones compared to iPhones....hell Ive yet to see an iPhone 4 yet, while I have seen plenty of Evo's, Droids, and probably X's soon.

Upvote 0
I can't wait for froyo so we can win in a landslide.

But honestly, I can't knock the Iphone 4 except the antenna issue....it has such a freaking amazing display that it makes my evo looks like nintendo. PLus the Iphone apps just faceroll android apps right now.

Still, we are improving at a rapid rate, we need to adjust a few things and it will then be a no brainer!

Upvote 0
Although there may be some that get an iPhone just because its an iPhone, I actually did try an EVO for 30days. I came from winmo and I thought Android would be my refuge, and it would of been if it weren't for the 30 fps cap.

I ended up getting an iPhone4, I did my own research and weighed in all the factors. So I wouldn't say that the iPhone4 is successful because its customers are stupid and are being fooled by marketing.

Upvote 0
Although there may be some that get an iPhone just because its an iPhone, I actually did try an EVO for 30days. I came from winmo and I thought Android would be my refuge, and it would of been if it weren't for the 30 fps cap.

I ended up getting an iPhone4, I did my own research and weighed in all the factors. So I wouldn't say that the iPhone4 is successful because its customers are stupid and are being fooled by marketing.

Congratulations! At least you did your research and I do believe you made an informed decision. But I however would still say that most people that bought the iPhone still bought it because it's fashionable. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them would call another smartphone an iPhone. :D

I would stop short of calling anyone who bought the iPhone 4 stupid. You don't have to be stupid to buy an iPhone. I think the better term would be naive, not stupid. :p

PS: Again, I mean most not all iPhone buyers.

Upvote 0

Shame you equated the 30 fps cap to Android and not specifically the EVO. If you'd done more/better research, you'd know this, and have would have gone for another Android phone instead, since +30 fps was the deal breaker for you.

Upvote 0
1277358546370.jpg

Upvote 0

ok... good that you made your personal decision to go with iphone. which is cool ... each to their own.

but.. I would like to ask you.. because I am just plain curious.

Why would the 30fps be such a big deal to you... which I think is fixable with a software upgrade. But then you can be ok with the "death grip" on the iphone, which IMO is not fixable with software upgrade! Then you add in the data cap and extra fees and the higher price, which is not fixable at all.

Thanks for your response. :D

Upvote 0
Last I checked, most of us bought the EVO to use as a phone correct? And a PDA type device. So the 30FPS cap doesn't effect us at all. Most don't play games that need that FPS on a phone anyways.

Now with the iphone, with it's hardware issue antenna, you touch that section, you drop calls, you lose your data signal. Personally that is a big issue if we can't make calls.

Upvote 0
Last I checked, most of us bought the EVO to use as a phone correct? And a PDA type device. So the 30FPS cap doesn't effect us at all. Most don't play games that need that FPS on a phone anyways.

Now with the iphone, with it's hardware issue antenna, you touch that section, you drop calls, you lose your data signal. Personally that is a big issue if we can't make calls.

Quite honestly, I bought my Evo because of everything it can do. It's like wearing Batman's Utility belt. I can have all these capabilities in one package. So the moment I see a pig fly, I can snap a decent picture of it, or even maybe a video. When I'm hungry, I can just open an app up and find what I'm looking for. And the most important for me, Navigation!

For me It's more of a media player and GPS device than anything else.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm a former winmo user myself. had to jump to Android because MS decided to make wp7 a walled garden like iPhone.

Just being honest, If the HD2 would have come out with Wp7 I would have it and not the EVO. I have a media center pc and tons of Zune media. Keeping everything windows it all just works together.

But having switched to the EVO I've purchased TuneBite which allows me to copy all of my Zune media for DRM free consumption. Now if someone would make a media player to play native wmv I'd be in heaven.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones