• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Falling Skies

I actually liked it :eek:

Only a little though.

Never saw it to be honest, though I am fairly sure it died after one season.

I am guilty of liking "one season wonders" though. Flash Forward is my most recent. Still don't honestly see why that one failed. Maybe people felt it was going nowhere. Might have been beter suited for a miniseries. Just wish it didn't end the way it did.

Upvote 0
Never saw it to be honest, though I am fairly sure it died after one season.

2, but they were both pretty short

I am guilty of liking "one season wonders" though. Flash Forward is my most recent. Still don't honestly see why that one failed. Maybe people felt it was going nowhere. Might have been beter suited for a miniseries. Just wish it didn't end the way it did.

Flash Forward sounded brilliant, but I never bothered with it because it lasted a season. There are loads of shows that need to be given time to develop, but they're never given the chance.

Upvote 0
The 2 hour season finale was tonight. After watching the first season, my opinion is pretty much the same as it was after the first couple of episodes-worth watching but not all that. I wouldn't consider buying the DVD or Blu-Ray, put it that way. I was kind of surprised that they are already making the second season. I figured it might be one and done, but apparently the ratings were good enough to justify a season 2. All that said, I'll probably be watching when it returns next summer. Any opinions now that season one is in the books?

Upvote 0
The 2 hour season finale was tonight. After watching the first season, my opinion is pretty much the same as it was after the first couple of episodes-worth watching but not all that. I wouldn't consider buying the DVD or Blu-Ray, put it that way. I was kind of surprised that they are already making the second season. I figured it might be one and done, but apparently the ratings were good enough to justify a season 2. All that said, I'll probably be watching when it returns next summer. Any opinions now that season one is in the books?

The way I saw it was the rating were good enough to justify the hype for the 2-hour season finale, which I personally found disappointing.

Upvote 0
I have seen all the episodes from Season 1. I used to pay close attention the first few episodes but to be honest...the show just started getting boring.

The finale was HYPE AND HYPE AND HYPE...and it was just disappointing.
So much dialogue and not enough action.

I'll watch it Season 2 just because nothing good ever comes on in the summer but i was just overall disappointed with the finale.

AS a whole, I'd rank the show a C+

Upvote 0
The finale would have been much better if there was not so much exposition
and there were so many key scenes they could have shown instead of just
explaining what happened.

i wonder did their budget run out by the end of the season.

There was one episode i think it was called "Mutiny" where it seriously just a bunch of talking and took place in two rooms of the school. At the end of that one I was left thinking...Nothing happened, the show is in the exact same place as it was before this episode. I guess Spielberg wasted his SFX budget and needed to fill out the season.

I will admit some of the story elements are getting good, I like the new aliens a lot, but I always thought the whole taking the children thing was a cheap attempt to get some emotional distress in there. Hopefully it turns out to be something more interesting.

But the biggest gripe i have is with the characters....They're sooooo boring! Pope is the only exception, he's the only one that shows any signs of life. But for all I know they are supposed to be boring because they are average Janes and Joes, and the show is trying to be realistic (because lets face it. normal people are boring). And I thought Noah Wyle was supposed to be some kind of history professor and use his epic professor knowledge about the history of warfare to help fight the aliens... That would have been awesome and educational plus make his character less effective as a sleep aid.

The season finale will have me coming back for more. I kinda liked it, except for that RIDICULOUS shot with the rpg, that was BS.

Upvote 0
Just saw the preview for season 2. I'm kinda surprised they actually made a second one, but the preview looked pretty good. Hopefully they learned some lessons from the first one and will make this season a little more interesting. Not that the first season was terrible, just kind of meh.

ballpark on when season 2 starts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones