• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Just found a great little program on Lifehacker's list of best programs for 2012 that I hadn't come across yet called Wave Control. Great for people that play music a lot. Allows control of music (start/stop/next/last/disable) with a wave of your hand over the phone. Great if your working with your hands getting them dirty and don't want to touch the phone or just don't want to have to turn on your screen to change songs or pause/resume. Free version works great, Pro version unlocks a few more features. Also has a Tasker plugin for programming that works great. I programmed a simple Tasker profile that when my phone connects to my Bose bluetooth speaker it loads Rhapsody, loads Wave Control and then enables it. Slick.

Reactions: lEquin0xl
Upvote 0
Sygic and Opera. I don't use Sygic often, but it has helped me most times I needed navigation. I was in London, but with my first Android phone - ordered a chineese one, dreadful. Waited for GPS signal lock for 20 minutes and it lasted for about 2 minutes and looses it again. And the restarts... oh, the restarts. Now, with the Galaxy S3 - no such problems :) .

Upvote 0
Not really an app, but I just discovered a widget on Google Maps that I can set any address for (I have my home addy set) and just hit the widget and it pulls up the GPS for home.

I love the idea, and have seen several iterations in various apps. However, if there's an address - like home - that I'd use enough to make a widget worthwhile, well, I probably know how to get there ... :)

Upvote 0
I love the idea, and have seen several iterations in various apps. However, if there's an address - like home - that I'd use enough to make a widget worthwhile, well, I probably know how to get there ... :)

If your GPS is stolen and it has your actual home address, a thief has a direct path to your front door.

I have entered a gas station address near my home, to get me to familiar surrounding in case l get lost and need the GPS to help me out of a jam.

Reactions: Parshooter
Upvote 0
I would have to say that locale is my favorite app so far. I had some trouble with it being inconsistent last week, but now it seems to be running smoothly. I'm saving battery power by having it turn off my WiFi settings while I'm at work, during work hours.

The second best would have to be Bonsai Blast, which is a more complicated and challenging game than I expected.
The best application is watsapp all time favorite :) Its really an amazing app now a days...

Upvote 0
wow call me slow but i just set up Google music last night and so far i am in love
I have a GNEX so space is very precious and i found myself always changing my music on my phone because of this issue, but now i have it all synced up with Google leaving me tons more space on my phone (might download some games again)... another this i really like is the high quality streaming is amazing although not recommended unless you have unlimited data plan because about 20 minuets of music is about 200-500 MB

Upvote 0
I just downloaded a photo editor app called "photo editor" LOL but truth be told, it's awesome. I'm not a photoshop kind of person. i just want to be able to crop, rotate, add simple borders, write on the photo occasionally. This does all of that and will save as a secondary photo so you can keep the original. Maybe it's old-hat, but to me, it's awesome.

Upvote 0
+1, great editor!

I just downloaded a photo editor app called "photo editor" LOL but truth be told, it's awesome. I'm not a photoshop kind of person. i just want to be able to crop, rotate, add simple borders, write on the photo occasionally. This does all of that and will save as a secondary photo so you can keep the original. Maybe it's old-hat, but to me, it's awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones