• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fed Ex lost my HTC Incredible

I tried the reverse look up but nothing came up. Not sure why.

I plan on contacting Fed Ex Corporate next. First, I'm going to see if the local supervisor will help get my claim settled quickly. If he says he has no control over that, then I'll call their corporate office and see if I can rattle some cages.

Like I said before, Verizon is not going to send me another phone without someone paying for it. They've flat out refused to do that.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

You may want to try this person.
Doug Jones - Director of Support Services at FedEx
Responsible for Technical Support, Deskside Support, Service Request Management, Problem Management and Quality Assurance.
Try this number... 1.800.463.3339

Good luck.

Upvote 0
You may want to try this person.
Doug Jones - Director of Support Services at FedEx
Responsible for Technical Support, Deskside Support, Service Request Management, Problem Management and Quality Assurance.
Try this number... 1.800.463.3339

Good luck.

Thanks. I'll call and ask for him. I called and was patched through to someone in claims, but I had to leave a number.

I am a new customer. First dealings ever with Verizon.

I do not feel going back to the neighbor's house will have any results. I never posted this before, but those neighbors are ones that always have a bunch of people there and always stare at everyone that drives by. They look like the type to rumble at the drop of a hat. I could just be stereotyping, but they look like meth-heads.

I plan on calling my credit card company on Friday if I don't have a satisfactory resolution from Fed Ex.

Upvote 0
Honestly I think you've given them more than a fair amount of time. While I wouldn't necessarily expect you to have the package in your hands by now, they at least should have given you more information. Call the credit card company today [now] and get the ball rolling. They likely have much experience with this exact situation and will advise you as to your next move. Credit card companies aren't out there just to screw people; they can be very helpful to have in your corner :)

Upvote 0
Well, this saga is almost over. After the FedEx claims supervisor told me they would not deal with me directly, I called Verizon and asked for a supervisor there. I was told they have the claim info and are working with FedEx to get me a replacement phone. The previous Verizon reps lied to me when they said I would get special consideration and not have to wait until the end of August to receive a new phone.

I demanded they send me a phone now or at least see if one was available at a store near me so I can pick it up. The supervisor said that was not possible because it's all automated and my order would go into the queue. Also no stores have the phone. he then tried to push the Droid X on me.

I then said I was tired of all the run-around I'm getting from them and FedEx and demanded a refund. He put me on hold and then came back saying if they did find me a phone at a local store I would have to pay for it and then get reimbursed. I said I had already paid for a phone and wasn't about to pay for another one. I just want my money back at this point. So, he got an attitude with me and said I had to give my credit card info again. I gave it to him and said if I didn't see the funds back by tomorrow, I would keep calling back.

I hate that this was my first experience with Verizon. I plan on contacting the corporate offices of both Verizon and FedEx to complain. I now have to make sure AT&T doesn't cut off my service. I hope the DINC becomes available from another provider because if not, I don't know what to do. I really wanted this phone.

Mods - you can close this thread now if you want. My membership into the Android community seems to be on indefinite hold. :(

Upvote 0
Honestly I think you've given them more than a fair amount of time. While I wouldn't necessarily expect you to have the package in your hands by now, they at least should have given you more information. Call the credit card company today [now] and get the ball rolling. They likely have much experience with this exact situation and will advise you as to your next move. Credit card companies aren't out there just to screw people; they can be very helpful to have in your corner :)

The Verizon rep said they would refund it but I will still call my credit card company too.

Upvote 0
I don't understand it; it seems that with the downward turn in the economy, companies' customer service has become more and more unhelpful. You'd think they would want to go 'the extra mile' to please customers now that people are putting more thought than ever into how they spend their money.

joefrog91, here's hoping this gets sorted out quickly for you without any more headaches. Best of luck.

Upvote 0
...... I don't know what to do. I really wanted this phone.

Mods - you can close this thread now if you want. My membership into the Android community seems to be on indefinite hold. :(
Mods probably will not, and should not, close this thread. It might die a peaceful death but others should see it.

And yes, Mr. Frog, you do want this phone. It's the best phone on the market at this time by far. So if you can still be nice to VZW, get a nice supervisor, and wait a bit, then order it again. Ask them if they can let you use an Eris in the meantime so you can get used to the interface. (Then root it. haha) Since you've been through a lot they might oblige you. But the key here is you have to be so nice that you want to throw up. Actually, you have to beg a bit but it's worth it.

Upvote 0
Well I know what I would be doing right now. But that's another story. And dangerous. But I'm a dangerous kind of guy.

Anyways.. good luck with your endeavors with FedEx and Verizon. Sounds like you are getting man handled and that's totally unacceptable. FedEx screwed you over, but at least you are getting your money back.

Now you are just without a phone, which is pretty bad too..

edit:
Get a prepaid phone in the meantime at Best Buy.

Upvote 0
I didn't realize I could buy the phone through Amazon. I'll check into that. As I said before, I am (was) a new customer with Verizon, so I paid $199.99 plus data plan and fees. I found a $30 off coupon that helped reduce the cost. If I can get that kind of deal again off of Amazon, I will do it. However, I'm so disgusted by this experience I may just go with a prepaid phone for now.

Thanks again for all the posts.

Upvote 0
Okay, last post on this subject.

My credit card company said Verizon would just have to refund the cost of the phone to my card. They would not open a ticket to contact Verizon on my behalf.

I called AT&T to beg them not to turn off my service since I had asked for a refund from Verizon. The rep told me the port over had actually been canceled last Wednesday 7/7. They had no notes as to who requested it. Un-frakin-believable. So, I will still have my crappy little Nokia flip phone until I decide what to do next.

Upvote 0
Do people other than drug dealers and spies actually use prepaid phones in real life?

..Maybe I watch too much TV......
Actually pre-paid phones are huge part of the US business these days. Not sure if it is a fear of commitment or just much cheaper for a casual user.

Pre-Paid phones haven't really expanded into the smart phone market, yet. Not sure how that would work with the data usage. Maybe if the Wifi was free and you only had to pay for calls, it might work.

Glad you almost got this thing settled, too bad it turned out badly. I have a co-worker that just walked into a local store and got a DInc last week, he is loving it.

Upvote 0
I would definitely call your credit card company and ask to have all payments to verizon reversed or put into "investigation" then get it from Amazon since they seem to be the fastest right now. You could also try a best buy near you see if they have any. Hope this works out I would definitely be doing mischievous things to those neighbors or call the cops when it seems like something sketchy is going on there aka drug deals or production of drugs(read METH). It is just stupid that no one wants to help you. If you know the boss of your company and ship a lot through FedEx maybe have him give them a call or if you know anyone who does a lot of shipping or receiving call them and say they heard about this situation and are very disappointed in CS and will be switching to UPS or DHL. Good Luck

Upvote 0
This whole experience is rediculous. Verizon should really have a better system for expiditing these phones for customers with issues like this. I feel bad for you. This phone is awesome. Verizon has great coverage but the customer service is just about worthless. I learned a trick for getting a manager on the phone who may actually help.
When they ask you to take a survey before your call always say yes. If you have a crappy csr just give a bad rating. They will ask you to leave a message, just hang up. You will get a call back from a person who can actually help you.

Story about customer service:
Two months ago I had a bad 6 pack of beer from a major american brewer. I sent them a letter with some concerns. I had never had an issue in the past and have not since, but yesterday I received a letter from the president of the brewery with a check for 10.00! That is what we should be expecting from all businesses, but sadly this rarely happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones