• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Films that make you feel physically sick....

I wouldn't call A Serbien Film snuff, August Underground is though haha.

Thanks CRPercodani... Dl'ed that and got maybe 20 min into... then erased it, ran shredder program so no trace would be left then wanted to shootme.gif

Upvote 0
You'll think I'm joking but I recently sat through "the Killers" starring Ashton Kutcher with a friend and his wife. It was so bad that it made me feel a little disturbed. Kinda like if you were to walk in your front door and all the furniture were out of place. It was just surreal how something could be in national release on all the big screens and still be SO bad.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Hostel affected me pretty badly, b/c I realized at that point in time that this kinda sh*t really happens. I mean, think about the dude found guilty today in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, or the dude that was found to have imprisoned his own daughter and repeatedly raped her for numerous years, telling ppl that she had run away, and having fathered 7 different kids (3 or 4 of which lived) in Austria....

People are F*d up, man, and while you may think that the movies of today have a lot of gore, that's nothing to what some of these current serial killers are actually doing to their victims.

Upvote 0
Just read about this movie called "Serbian Film" . Its probably the most effed up movie ever made, i've never seen it nor do I plan to.

I was waiting for someone to mention this film, i watched the first bit, and had to turn it off, i actually nearly threw up. I didnt mean to either, i am a person who enjoys horror, so i was just looking around for someone horror films, and comments made about this where things such as "freakiest film you will ever see" "most horrific film to be made" this caught my eye so i went and downloaded it, with massive regret. Its not so much violent, well it is, but its the story behind the film, i seriously think the guy who wrote the story or directed it what ever, needs to be in prison, he has a sick mind and the fact he would even consider making this into a movie is beyond me, i think the film should be removed from everything, i actually cant believe what i saw, and if people are thinking this must be bad, its bad enought to even read this review.

A Serbian Film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really cant believe this was made into a film.

Upvote 0
A Serbian Film is actually a well made movie. The quality of film and the production value were both very good. Now I don't disagree that some of the scenes were vile and disgusting but my brother and I watched it and neither one of us had trouble getting through it. I haven't watched a movie that made me physically sick because in the back of my mind I know that everything is fake.

Upvote 0
I don't mind gore, but a new trend in the gore movie industry seems to be rape... and the scenes are long and graphic. One of them I think was called "Last House on the Left".
I Spit on Your Grave also has a long brutal rape scene. I find that to be much more disturbing and harder to watch than any graphic murders, dismemberment, etc.

Upvote 0
I don't know, I guess I'm one of those people that are entertained by the excessive gore. It does go to a certain extent though. Movies like Planet Terror and Machete, I love them and have a good laugh at the excessive gore and killing. I also thought the same for the Hostel movies. This is clearly cause I know they're fake, I'm extremely squimish in real life and get freaked out at the site of blood, so no I'm not some twisted maniac.

Movies that try on purpose to be the most distrubing thing ever don't really entertain me at all though, I kind of watch them just for the hell of it to see what the hype is about. The Human Centipede did gross me out and I was just thinking "why the hell am I watching this", but it takes A LOT for me to turn off a movie and I unfortunately sat through the whole thing. Mostly because it's boring before it's too disturbing. Serbian Film didn't really bother me that much, then again a friend ruined the "newborn" part...which would've been really shocking to me. However, I didn't really enjoy it too much.

With those movies I think I just watch them to see how bad they are and if they live up to all the hype of how terrible they are.

Human Centipede 2 is coming out. I will definately see it just for the hell of it. The director said the first one was just a warm up to get people familiar with the idea and see if they accept it. He said the second one will make the first look like a children's movie.

Upvote 0
There seems to be a trend currently..... Hostel, Saw etc for films that are extreme in their premise.... extreme gore, extreme violence, that just reading about them makes you feel ill.

I recently read about a film called The Human Caterpillar. I saw the title and thought, "I'll read on, maybe it's a bit like 'The Fly' or something....." but then I read the synopsis and genuinely felt a bit ill! (If you want to know more, Google it, but I won't spoil it for anyone)

I've never sat down to watch the whole of any of the Saw movies, I had to switch off. I guess my stomach just can't hack it (excuse the pun....)

I realise that these films are cleverly marketed on their extremities and any publicity is good publicity but I'm genuinely curious.... do you enjoy these sorts of films? What makes them enjoyable? Is anyone planning on seeing "The Human Caterpillar"?

I agree 100%! The hills have eyes is another. I know that movie is not new, but that was the last time I tried an extreme horror movie. How could anyone stomach watching a teenage girl, someone's daughter, getting brutally, graphically raped??? I wanted to throw up, and the guy that took me to see that awful movie was promptly dumped.

Upvote 0
Saw and Hostel and the like don't bother me since they're so over the top and implausible.

The most disturbing movie I've ever seen was Irreversible. It featured a nine minute long rape scene.

Seen Irreversible too couple of years back, truly horrible. Makes things like the saw films look funny and a bit gory rather than stomach churning. Irreversible had me feeling very ill.

Upvote 0
I don't know, I guess I'm one of those people that are entertained by the excessive gore. It does go to a certain extent though. Movies like Planet Terror and Machete, I love them and have a good laugh at the excessive gore and killing. I also thought the same for the Hostel movies. This is clearly cause I know they're fake, I'm extremely squimish in real life and get freaked out at the site of blood, so no I'm not some twisted maniac.

Movies that try on purpose to be the most distrubing thing ever don't really entertain me at all though, I kind of watch them just for the hell of it to see what the hype is about. The Human Centipede did gross me out and I was just thinking "why the hell am I watching this", but it takes A LOT for me to turn off a movie and I unfortunately sat through the whole thing. Mostly because it's boring before it's too disturbing. Serbian Film didn't really bother me that much, then again a friend ruined the "newborn" part...which would've been really shocking to me. However, I didn't really enjoy it too much.

With those movies I think I just watch them to see how bad they are and if they live up to all the hype of how terrible they are.

Human Centipede 2 is coming out. I will definately see it just for the hell of it. The director said the first one was just a warm up to get people familiar with the idea and see if they accept it. He said the second one will make the first look like a children's movie.

Probably the Human Centipede. I read on here on a thread re that film and thought it looked sick. Then a few weeks ago I was in on my own and just flicking through the channels for something to watch, and that was on. For me that film was just sick. But I couldnt stop watching it, it was distrubing but sort of I couldnt switch off cos I needed to see what happened. That was just warped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones