• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission V1.2 is now available

Does anyone know if the old fission themes work with this new version, specifically the Kangerade theme?

from what i gather. he did some work to the framework so i would think the themes need to be ported to the new filesystem. he also mentioned not to use any theme for earlier fission versions and only use those designed for 2.0

Upvote 0
Download link is down for bug fix
I believe on xda dev forum or whatever

The ROM has currently been pulled and the patch is gone as well from XDA. I keep getting a FC when calibrating the compass. Anyone else??
^correct.
i held out to let him work out bugs.

the only problem i had with the last version anyway was snycing to my emails and that was only cause i was to stupid to set it to sync in settings.

im gonna give it some time before moving to new version, then donate when i do.

Upvote 0
Any first impressions? I'm also on Apex right now and can't sbf until I get home.

Also, can someone combine this thread with this: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...fission-2-0-1-available-download-droid-x.html

I like it so far. It's very snappy and haven't had any real hangups. At one point I got a message saying my phone was in an unknown state but I just kept going and nothing is different. Flash has been fixed. And im running it with the ulv + stock numbers and the battery life is nice. Five hours off charger at 70%. I really like the zero blur aspect. Running stock 2.2 my battery would be around 50% or less by this time of day. Screen transitions are very snappy, scrolling as well. Overall, I really like the feel of this rom an hope development will continue. I am going to give it a few days until I donate just to be sure it's the one for me. I know my thoughts weren't very continuous but im trying to do this fast as im on a study break. Any specific questions about different aspects Lmk and ill answer to the best of my abilities. Also, in the other thread about this it says you need to wipe data and cache after the install again. That is unnecessary.

Reactions: imronburgundy
Upvote 0
your thoughts read fine.
Of course, I'm certifiably mentally ill, so it's not exactly a ringing endorsement! ;) :p

HAHA! I would like to further emphasize the importance of following the directions for this ROM. You MUST wipe data/cache and mount system/data prior to install. A LOT of people over at XDA are having problems with it and are putting up bug reports of stuff that could have been avoided had they actually read and followed the instructions.

Upvote 0
Still new to the use of ROMs and such.. so if I want to upgrade to 2.0.1, I have to follow all the same steps I did with installing 1.2, and thus wiping all data and such again, correct? However, since I'm coming from 1.2, it's not an issue of using Titanium Backup to back up both my programs AND data for them, since they won't include any Blur elements?

Secondly, anybody else having the old timestamp bug with Handscent while using Fission?

Upvote 0
Any first impressions? I'm also on Apex right now and can't sbf until I get home.

Also, can someone combine this thread with this: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...fission-2-0-1-available-download-droid-x.html

I won't merge it, but it's now linked from the first post.

Let's try to keep this thread on the original version and the other thread on 2.0.1. :)

Steven58 - Feel free to copy any necessary posts from THIS thread into the 2.0.1 thread to avoid any confusion. :D

Upvote 0
Why is an SBF necessary with this rom?

i would not say it is necessary but it help avoid a lot of potential problems if you are not running the kernel and filesystem from the official 2.2

this rom has all of the applications written from source so in order to ensure a clean install they suggest and sbf and complete factory reset. i followed the install guide and i have had zero problems or issues. after i get home from my vacation i am going to do the same and install 2.0.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones