• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission V1.2 is now available

I have been using this for the past few days and I can't seem to find anything else that I like as much.

Decided to SBF 2.2 today to update the bootloader, radio, etc. and then installed ApeX. Spent a few hours trying to get it set up and working and it just seemed like a huge PITA to me. Also, it has A LOT of Blur left compared to Fission (which basically has zero).

I really hope the developers can keep this ROM going, I want to keep using it and after the ApeX trouble today restored my pre-SBF backup (which worked fine, I wasn't sure if restoring a backup from before the 2.2 SBF would hurt anything), but I feel like eventually if there is no support for this ROM it will force us to move on to other options.

Upvote 0
If you figure the guy was trying to work out kinks with people asking the same questions and no x in hand; I could see the point of frustration.
Not making excuses, just saying.
With a little relaxing and a slight attitude change it wouldn't be a big deal.

I would be frustrated at some points, assuming I actual cared about what I was doing. though on that note I wouldn't try to build for a device I didn't have access too. Though it works well.

Upvote 0
So this has been running very nice lately. The only issue i've encountered is when sliding to unlock the phone it will sometimes reboot. The reboot is weird though, it will just go black and then my startup notification will sound and everything appears to have been reset. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, when using vignette I notice that it has become slow quite often. Is this normal when running it on stock 2.2 as well?

Upvote 0

Woot! Good news on a Saturday morning before I begin installing floors.

"If you have the latest OTA update then I suggest you do not install this ROM in the case something goes wrong you will be stuck with a brick. You will not be able to SBF your phone YET. So the choice is up to you."

What does he mean by "yet"? I'm on OTA and have the 2.2 sbf that works fine. Is this a higher build?

Upvote 0
Woot! Good news on a Saturday morning before I begin installing floors.

"If you have the latest OTA update then I suggest you do not install this ROM in the case something goes wrong you will be stuck with a brick. You will not be able to SBF your phone YET. So the choice is up to you."

What does he mean by "yet"? I'm on OTA and have the 2.2 sbf that works fine. Is this a higher build?
dont know,
id read here;
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-defuse/
there is a thread labeled "do not sbf"

maybe someone else will know whats up....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones