• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FlashPLayer Needed

Well all i think is needed for the nexus one is the flash player and all will be complete, i even think surpassing the apple iphone, for now, but how can we get this flash player.???

I read on a previous post... "Just root the phone and get flash player"

Rooting the phone? I dont know this terminology but im assuming rooting maybe connecting it to the computer's usb and just saving the flash player onto the sd card. If this is not what the term actually means, then what does it?
I like all others think that the phone really needs a flash player to be completed... So anyone please enlighted me, us, on how to get flash player

I read this >>>> "Adobe announced an Android version of their Flash Player and AIR runtime at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week. The Flash 10.1 Player should be available for Android in the first half of 2010 with the Adobe Integrated Runtime following shortly after. Adobe AIR is a cross platform runtime which allows developers to create rich internet applications which can run outside of the browser"

No doubt there will be more info soon.

Upvote 0
Well all i think is needed for the nexus one is the flash player and all will be complete, i even think surpassing the apple iphone, for now, but how can we get this flash player.???

I read on a previous post... "Just root the phone and get flash player"

Rooting the phone? I dont know this terminology but im assuming rooting maybe connecting it to the computer's usb and just saving the flash player onto the sd card. If this is not what the term actually means, then what does it?
I like all others think that the phone really needs a flash player to be completed... So anyone please enlighted me, us, on how to get flash player

Rooting is the process whereby you gain "root" access to your device thus the ability to modify system level files not otherwise accessible to the end user. You can get detailed info on rooting at the XDA or Modaco forums.

Re flash - if you have some patience, we'll likely see an OTA update with flash player around March. Otherwise you'll have to wait until someone gets the HTC Desire rom onto the N1 without issues (currently being worked on), then root your phone and install the custom rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones