• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2

Hello,

First time poster and first time tablet owner. I’ll share my experiences with the Flytouch 3. I ordered mine from DHGate through store name “outlets-center”. The ordering and delivery process were relatively pain free. From time of order to delivery I think was a week and a half.

Overall I’m really disappointed in the tablet. It looks nice and is solidly built but does feel a little heavy. Here are the advertised specifications:

Flytouch3 / Superpad 2 Hot Spots:

- Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- Built-in GPS Navigator + GPS Antenna
- Dual MicroSD / Single TF Card Slot
- Dual USB Ports for plugging Keyboard Cases
- Larger battery for extended usage time
- Built in Youtube Application for browsing videos
- Android Market Pre-installed
- 1.3MP Web Camera

Superpad 2 / Android 2.2 FlyTouch2 Gps Tablet PC Specs:
CPU: InfoTM X220 ARM11 1Ghz
Display: 10-inch (1024

Upvote 0
Should be getting mine tomorrow, Royal Mail have it at the moment. I hope I don't get too many issues with it or I may cry.
In regard to the weather widget not recognising Canada..could you delete that widget and download a different weather widget? Not ideal but better than seeing weather for China when your in Canada.

I was hoping to install 'TV Shows Stream' on this device and watch programs from sites like Megavideo...is this possible?

I'll let you know how I get on with it when I receive it.

Hopefully I can reply to this site on my Flytouch 3

Upvote 0
I ordered mine from DHGate through store name outlets-center
Unfortunately I think this may be where things went wrong for you because...

Here are the advertised specs-Dual MicroSD Card Slot
......I believe you may have the dreaded re-configured / "upgraded" FT2, not a real FT3, which has only one SD card slot. Perhaps you can return it though. My understanding is that right now the best places to get genuine FT3's are from "Chinagrabber" and "Pricedinchina", at least that's the word around here at the present time. Good luck.

Upvote 0
I have my Flytouch 3!

I was suprised to see a newer model when I took it out of the box - it has the slick black back and no bump for the ethernet port (it still does have that port)

I have rooted it - thanks to this video:
YouTube - How To Root Flytouch 3 Superpad 2: Android 2.2

I have installed Google maps via 4shared as an .apk file, that installed fine. I havent got a Youtube app and I downloaded the .apk and I couldnt install it - rubbish. Also playing youtube videos via youtube.com isnt great either, the colour is drained and its choppy. I need to play around with it more to get youtube working.

The screen isnt the brightest too but it'll do if I cant get it any brighter. I read in another post if I go onto System Update I can fix this issue but when I try to check updating I get error ERR 301.

Also in the android market they dont display any pay for apps. Just the free ones. And not all the free ones either. No facebook/twitter/whatsapp/youtube/sky news. If I go into downloads it recognises some of my purchased apps from my android phone which I could download.

flytouch3.jpg
flytouch3.jpg]
flytouch3.jpg

flytouch3.th.jpg
a%3E

Reactions: TxJewel196
Upvote 0
I bought mine from ebay. From China via Newcastle - saved the risk of import duty.

I now have youtube working.
If, when you get your tablet and it doesnt have youtube, do a search in google for:
youtube_1.6.21.apk
I downloaded mine from the 4shared website. It works well.
Also I have now got the official twitter and facebook apps working via downloads from 4shared also.
I've downloaded Fring (with the intent on video calling) but it says the device doesnt support video calling, boo. It still lets you check the box for video calls though - havent had chance to test it yet.
I also tried downloading Tango from 4shared but it wouldnt let me install. May try another file in the future.

Anyone else got any good apps for this device to recommend?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I think this may be where things went wrong for you because...

......I believe you may have the dreaded re-configured / "upgraded" FT2, not a real FT3, which has only one SD card slot. Perhaps you can return it though. My understanding is that right now the best places to get genuine FT3's are from "Chinagrabber" and "Pricedinchina", at least that's the word around here at the present time. Good luck.

Although that's what was advertised, mine does have only one SD card slot.

Upvote 0
I bought mine from ebay. From China via Newcastle - saved the risk of import duty.

I now have youtube working.
If, when you get your tablet and it doesnt have youtube, do a search in google for:youtube_1.6.21.apk

Ok thanks for the info. I'll be following this thread. I'll let you know when I receive mine. I'm thinking the end of this coming week to the US. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy

Reactions: TxJewel196
Upvote 0
I don't think the price is going up. I also saw only $209 and free shipping
I think it depends on the vendor, I ordered one from Chinagrabber early last week @ $212, and they're up to $225 when I checked yesterday. I've been keeping a close eye on it because if I like mine I'm going to order another for my wife, and I would like to do it ASAP, before the prices climb any higher. Seems to be a very popular tablet.

Upvote 0
Heya fellas! Ive been thinking about buying a Flytouch3 for a little while now and have been following this thread for the past week or two trying to decide on whether or not to buy it. This is my first tablet and I dont have the money to buy another one if I dont like this one so I want to make sure Im buying the right one.

I Have a few questions for those who have already purchased one and have experimented with it. Does the home screen "cube" really lag when you turn it? If so, is there other options? Is the touchscreen fairly responsive? Can it play youtube videos w/ or w/o a browser? In your opinion is it worth the $200?

Reactions: bjellys
Upvote 0
Hi guys...

My friend is going to china in august so buying flytouch3 directly there what would be the cost would it be same as online price or lesser if so how much dollars lesser ....

pls let me know...thanks...

I know a few people in China and they said that the tablets there are less than $100 US. The FT3 might be in that category but who knows, just make sure they're getting an FT3 and not another brand/manufacturer.

Upvote 0
I know a few people in China and they said that the tablets there are less than $100 US. The FT3 might be in that category but who knows, just make sure they're getting an FT3 and not another brand/manufacturer.

Really thanks for the response...if u dont mind can u just ask and confirm with your Chinese friends what is the price (approx) of the original FT3 there now??...i am insane to about FT3....

thanks....

Upvote 0
Please ! HELP me: I sold my Flytouch 3 and account which I set up can not be deleted.
And person who I sold to can not deleted my account, every time he is going to marked, is looking for my account. Is any way? If not then please tell me how to go back to default ?, Thanks

To reset the Flytouch 3 power the unit off. Hold down at the same time the Home, Menu, and Back button (the big round black one on the screen side) and then turn the power back on (hold power button down till it says "... finished"). It should restart after releasing the power button and reset all to factory. If successful it will present you with the calibration screen.

http://got-google.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-of-flytouch-3-android-22-tablet.html

Upvote 0
I Have a few questions for those who have already purchased one and have experimented with it. Does the home screen "cube" really lag when you turn it? If so, is there other options? Is the touchscreen fairly responsive? Can it play youtube videos w/ or w/o a browser? In your opinion is it worth the $200?

I received mine this week and after a couple of minor glitches (mainly due to there not being any decent instructions with it), finally got it up & running. I've found no lag with the home screen and you can change it to a sideways scrolling list (although still trying to work out how to move the icons from one area of the menu to another).

Dolphin browser is way better than the one that it comes with and I've installed Advanced Task Killer, so I can shut down any apps that I don't want running. This has increased the speed a great deal.

I bought mine for reading ebooks, but also wanted to be able to browse the web, FB and Twitter, so the Flytouch 3 fills the bill just nicely. The Kindle App & FBReader work well, although not with all the bells & whistles of the real Kindle & other ebook readers, I'm still happy with my purchase.

Upvote 0
Really thanks for the response...if u dont mind can u just ask and confirm with your Chinese friends what is the price (approx) of the original FT3 there now??...i am insane to about FT3....

thanks....

I've confirmed that you're actually not getting much of a discount on the FT3 in China. For the base unit it would be $165, with 8GB SD $180, with 16GB SG $195. So yes there's a discount just not much of one.

Upvote 0
I just got back from a trip over there and to one of the factories. The wholesale market there isn't as good as you would think for these. I ended up buying a bunch for a client that is going to be giving them out to students next year. Factory cost is still high on these since they are new. In 3 months the price will go down. I'm only make enough to cover my cost of the trip. I can order more directly from the factory if anyone wants one. They all come with the black case/keyboard too, ship from St. Louis so I should be able to do the flate rate USPS box, have to wait and see if they will fit. Let me know, if not no worries.

Upvote 0
Currently the FT3 can't show anything via HDMI. Our own Mixterz tested several mini-HDMI to full HDMI cables and none worked. I didn't get mine in the packaging as expected and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Thanx for the quick response. Can anyone suggest a tab that WILL show everything via the HDMI on a tv and also has a USB connection for a keyboard?

Upvote 0
I got my ePad today via DHL 3/21/11 or as the box says Tablet PC. It has Android 2.2, 1 TF slot and 2 USB's, full RJ45 & GPS. 2.2 update 1-20110221, 2.6.32.9 Kernel FRF85B. I odered it on the 14th but re-contacted them to get a 32GB TF card with it, only to find out the dealer only had 16GB TF's so I said ship it that took another day. So shipped on the 16th 6 days later it's in my hands and 2 of those days were the weekend. I got the keyboard with it. Android Market is per-loaded and works like a charm so does the camera, and USB ports. RJ45, WiFi, and headphones all work. Won't get much work done tomorrow will be loading apps and learning how this baby works. I down-loaded the PDF android 2.2 manual and will be reading....:)

hi woodyandroid,

I was woundering where you got your flytouch 3 because I want to buy one. Also did you try a 3G usb modem on it or not..if so please comment on that :)

thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones