• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FREE audiobook & music player

deltaforce

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
Hello folks,

I did the search through this forum and found a few threads, either old or the new ones did not answer my question.

I have a good collection of audiobooks (mp3,wma and m4b format) and music (mp3 and wma). As the subject says, I am looking for a FREE audiobook and music player that essentially support directory structure and bookmarking. I am really not interested in bells and whistles, the basic player that supports these 2 features is good for me.

Google gave me few suggestions
- Smart Audiobook Player
- Mortplayer (Not too sure if it supports m4b and not too sure why there are two apps like Music and Audioplayer beta)
- Gingko AudioBook Player

As said earlier, I would strongly prefer a free app. I am not interested in downloading or renting audiobooks as I get most of mine from our local library.

Thanks for your suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones