• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FREE Droid Battery Doors - From Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to order last night right after the link came up on this thread. Linked back though the VZW site and then the order process stalled at checkout. Waited a couple minutes and fired off the link again. Got through the entire process this time. Checked my email later and found TWO order confirmations for a total of 6 doors. Should last me at least 2 years. :D

Upvote 0
I'm late on this one too! Has anyone tried to get a free battery door at a Verizon store?

Anyway, aren't the battery doors only 5 bucks a piece???

i dont understand the big deal, if u have faulty door, just go to verizon store around you and they will either give you a free one (as i have heard they've been doing lately) or AT WORST you'll have to pay 5 dollars.

Upvote 0
i dont understand the big deal, if u have faulty door, just go to verizon store around you and they will either give you a free one (as i have heard they've been doing lately) or AT WORST you'll have to pay 5 dollars.

When i went to the store they did not have any doors in stock, in fact, they didn't have the droid, the battery, or any accessories in stock since opening day. ha. Said they were not getting a new shipment for a while.

Upvote 0

The big deal is some folks got and some folks didn't. But there are two types of folk that didn't get a battery door.

For the first group that didn't get their doors and did not complain but simply posted that they lost out on the deal, I'm sorry it didn't work out this round for you. I hope they re-stock and continue with the givaway.

For the second group that came in with smart*** remarks and name calling, to bad so sad. You know and I know that given a chance you would have taken 3, 6, 9 or even 25 if Verizon offered them and never looked back. If you did it would have been to say "see ya suckers".

For myself I did order 6 covers, 3 for my wife and 3 for myself. If you knew my wife you would know that she will go through hers and most of mine before years end (yes I have 2 Droids under contract). I do not feel guilty at all for my actions and if anybody has a problem with that you can kiss my Droid (you know on the battery cover located on the lower rear end of the phone)

Upvote 0
Be that as it may, I sure as hell didn't buy 3 MM Docks, nor ungodly amounts of anything, to try to make a profit on it later from eBay. I am pretty sure some of the frustration here is that some people got some while others (and specifically those who really need it) did not.

My door is perfectly fine, has been since I bought the phone. However, given that they were free, I most certainly would have gotten 3 myself, if only for the POM of having them there JIC.

Since I didn't, C'est la vie. If I had, I would be like at least one other poster in here who offered one of his own to someone else.

What I most certainly would not do is to try to sell them on eBay for $15 a pop. Karma is a witch, and she's a nasty one at that.

I even tried GMB's ZIP again (worked with the MMDock!) to no avail. Guess that means I'll just have to be extra careful with my door, huh?

Upvote 0
Yea, I ordered and Verizon's site says that they have my shipment but they have not sent it out yet even though it said overnight.

I ordered 3 doors and mine is only a little loose. I am gonna add designs on my doors and interchange them every so often. If you did not get one that is too bad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones