• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fresh 2.1.1 audio problem?

I did a test on mine with 2.1.1.. I called my cell from my work phone.. everything worked.
I hung up and called it again 5 minutes later. no audio..

so I flashed the AudioficRC
called my phone again from work line.. audio worked (as expected since the phone was rebooted).
called again after 5 minutes.. audio still worked...
called again after another 5 minutes .. audio still working
called again after another 5 minute break. audio still working.

now does this mean the problem is gone for good... no. even with the fix in place, there will be the random occurrence of no audio. It's all related to a driver issue in the new kernel. does that mean it'll happen forever? no it doesn't. if HTC hasn't figured it out and made the changes before the release then the Devs will fix it once the kernel source is released.

look on the bright side... at least our phones don't go into a pseudo airplane mode at random times like my wife's Moment... would have thought that would be fixed in their 2.1 update... it wasn't

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones