• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo and Flash Player on i5800l

toddr

Lurker
May 22, 2011
I recently installed Android 2.2 on my Apollo i5800l and I'd like to know if there's a way to install Adobe Flash Player on it.

I've tried to install 10.2 and 10.3 and when I run the apk file I get the error message "Application not installed"

Does anyone know if it's actually possible to install it on the Apollo?

I've just stumbled across this article. How to get Flash Player 10.1 on your older non supported handsets – Android UK News etc I haven't tried it yet and might not have time today, but it sounds promising.

It says you must use a browser that supports it. I use Opera Mini (for browsing, because it seems fastest) so guess it won't work on that anyway, but does anyone know if the stock browser supports it? I'm guessing it would, but don't know.

Upvote 0
Hey Thorahird,
I posted that piece at Android UK News. I tested on the stock browser also and it worked on my ZTE Blade fine. Although it was a slower experience using the stock browser than Dolphin HD was and seemed to drain the battery a lot more.

Remember if it doesn't work to your desired effect, don't bash it as it's a mod after all. The Android community work hard to bring us extra's and we should remember to support developers and modders for there efforts.

Craig Clark
:)

Upvote 0
Froyo i5801 supports flash version only upto 10.1. U can't install higher versions such as 10.2 or whatever..
But even it does support 10.1 flash, there is no usage becoz of processor...
Not only in gal i5801..even other phones such as gal i5510,pop,fit etc that comes with default froyo doen't seem to run flash effectively becoz of low processor speeds..
Obviously a 2.2 froyo phone with low processor speed (less than 1 ghz) is like a Ferrari with wooden wheels..U can't do anything with that...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones