• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FTP issues with a Mac

I'm having real issues when connecting my Galaxy to my Mac - basically, I'm just not seeing the phone show up as an additional hard drive, so I'm unable to copy anything across.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone help me out? Simply connecting the phone via the FTP cable really isn't doing anything.

Thanks,

I'm having real issues when connecting my Galaxy to my Mac - basically, I'm just not seeing the phone show up as an additional hard drive, so I'm unable to copy anything across.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone help me out? Simply connecting the phone via the FTP cable really isn't doing anything.

Thanks,

I've found that the best way is to use the bluetooth. Paired it with my macbook pro in 30 seconds.

I've read quite a lot to do with enabling usb debugging to get it working, though i've not had time to check it out yet...

You could try enabling USB debugging in Applications > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.

Also at the same time enable USB mass storage (Applications > Settings > About phone > USB settings > Mass storage).

Upvote 0

Thanks,
U have an FTP cable?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your thoughts - I paired the two devices last night and transferred a few things by Bluetooth, but the phone only remains discoverable or a minute or two which can be a slight pain, but I can get over that.

Well, it's the charger with the FTP attachment which comes with the phone

Ahh, USB cable!

The other thing you might find is a distinct lack of Mac support from Samsung. You might want to install VirtualBox with an XP machine in it, just in case you ever want to properly link the phone to a PC. Or wait until they suddenly decide OSX is worth supporting!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones