• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny pictures!

p-jpg.428860

Upvote 0
I gigged in a Holiday Inn, beachside in Stuart/Jensen Beach, Florida in the 1990s.

The room was called The "Oak Tree Lounge" and while we were there they took out the oak tree and renamed it Currents.

The lounge at night served as the breakfast/lunch restaurant too. The ordered places mats for the tables that in big letters across the entire mat was the word CURRENTS with a little wave icon to the left of the letter C.

When setting the table, if the napkin was centered, it covered the RRE letters and were left with a word no Holiday Inn wants to put on their tables.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Reactions: Notes_Norton
Upvote 0
I gigged in a Holiday Inn, beachside in Stuart/Jensen Beach, Florida in the 1990s.

The room was called The "Oak Tree Lounge" and while we were there they took out the oak tree and renamed it Currents.

The lounge at night served as the breakfast/lunch restaurant too. The ordered places mats for the tables that in big letters across the entire mat was the word CURRENTS with a little wave icon to the left of the letter C.

When setting the table, if the napkin was centered, it covered the RRE letters and were left with a word no Holiday Inn wants to put on their tables.

“Oopsie…” :D ;)
(Do you mind if I share that story, unattributed of course, on another SM platform? I have a few friends who will laugh themselves silly with it…and no, they aren’t teenagers. :D )

Upvote 0
“Oopsie…” :D ;)
(Do you mind if I share that story, unattributed of course, on another SM platform? I have a few friends who will laugh themselves silly with it…and no, they aren’t teenagers. :D )
I don't mind at all.

BTW Everybody at the hotel got a good laugh about that, and the next time they ordered place mats they used a different design.

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones