• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny pictures!

This looks like a good idea to me.

baby changing atation.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Oddly enough, I've seen this sign countless times in person. Elk City Ok. was home to my mother's parents and most all of her family were born, raised, and buried there. It was a bird sanctuary in the 50's long before they had a KFC. Even so.. my sister and I recognized the "bird" significance in our youth. :)

Upvote 0
Actually, that "C" word that is now un-PC used to be a respectful term.

It had roots in a goddess

The Hindu Goddess Kunti, or great “Yoni of the Universe,” represented the beauty and power of the female body in Mahābhārata, a major Sanskrit epic of ancient India.

But as time goes on, languages change. Sometimes good words get changed into bad ones.

-----

Many years ago, in the early days of digital pianos, I went to my local music store (yes, we used to have them) and one of the guys showed me an early manual for an electronic piano. The piano was made in Japan, and the translator obviously didn't have a great knowledge of English.

The assembly instructions told the user to F**k the legs into the bottom of the piano. They quickly changed the word to screw.

He said he was going to keep that manual as a collectors' item.

Notes ♫

Upvote 0
Actually, that "C" word that is now un-PC used to be a respectful term.

It had roots in a goddess

The Hindu Goddess Kunti, or great “Yoni of the Universe,” represented the beauty and power of the female body in Mahābhārata, a major Sanskrit epic of ancient India.

But as time goes on, languages change. Sometimes good words get changed into bad ones.

-----

Many years ago, in the early days of digital pianos, I went to my local music store (yes, we used to have them) and one of the guys showed me an early manual for an electronic piano. The piano was made in Japan, and the translator obviously didn't have a great knowledge of English.

The assembly instructions told the user to F**k the legs into the bottom of the piano. They quickly changed the word to screw.

He said he was going to keep that manual as a collectors' item.

Notes ♫

I remember the old midi boxes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones