• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

That's awesome! There is good in this world! :):):):):)
There is good in the world. Not only did he bring my phone to the hotel lobby, he didn't want to take the money I offered him. (I insisted and he took it.)

I'm still thinking hard about the S4. I've convinced the spousal unit to upgrade her iPhone 4 to the S4, so I'll play with hers first before I make the plunge.

I'll upgrade my mother-in-law's dumb phone to the S4, then transfer it so we don't lose our unlimited data.

Upvote 0
I left my first smart phone (POS WinMo phone) in a cab once. Guy ended up calling my wife and said he'd come bring it back. Had the gall to demand a reward for it. I told him all I had was $15 in cash (being honest) and he said, well okay.
That was one phone I really wish disappeared. ;)

Bread (okay, that feels weird)

Good story, but I have a question. Can I still call you Dread like I call Unforgiven "Pup"? We could also go with BN, but that's painfully close to BB and I CERTAINLY don't want to confuse you two. I already have one restraining order....

Upvote 0
There is good in the world. Not only did he bring my phone to the hotel lobby, he didn't want to take the money I offered him. (I insisted and he took it.)
Ron, that's great! Very glad you were able to retrieve your phone.

I have good news as well: Had totally forgotten about my plan's insurance! Filed a quick claim, and should be getting a new Nexus in the mail by Friday :)

Upvote 0

I'm still thinking hard about the S4. I've convinced the spousal unit to upgrade her iPhone 4 to the S4, so
I'll play with hers first before I make the plunge.
I'll upgrade my mother-in-law's dumb phone to the S4, then transfer it so we don't lose our unlimited data.

You had to know this would be the only part of your post I would retain right??!!! :D:p

Glad to hear you got your phone back though.

Upvote 0
So what's everybody's opinion of the S4 Versus the HTC one, on Sprint? I'm looking at pulling a Captain Ron for the savings Sprint would bring me on the plan.

The email in the lock screen is smart idea.

Well to be fair, I'd never go back to Sprint... :p

That being said, I'm planning on picking up an S4 this week. Other then build quality and front facing speakers (that I'll never use) there want much that I felt it offered over the S4. ... OK, maybe a few things, but I felt the S4 was the better overall decision.

Reactions: adjuster11
Upvote 0
Soooo I'm opening a plan with T-Mobile soon. After buying a Droid DNA and realizing I can't unlock the bootloader, I've decided I've had enough of their crap. So bye bye Verizon (and my Gnex </3).

HTC One, GS4, or Nexus 4? Which one? Anyone care to help :)

It depends, for me I would go with the nexus 4 because I won't be buying a new device every year, and I love to be up to date. But if you need more features than the nexus like lte then you might want something different.

Upvote 0
Soooo I'm opening a plan with T-Mobile soon. After buying a Droid DNA and realizing I can't unlock the bootloader, I've decided I've had enough of their crap. So bye bye Verizon (and my Gnex </3).

HTC One, GS4, or Nexus 4? Which one? Anyone care to help :)

If you get coverage where you live, the N4 is great! I love mine!

I don't get service where I live so I HAVE to have WiFi calling (which the N4 doesn't have).

N4 and One both have non-removable batteries and no expandable storage (if either of those matter to you).

If you decide to get the N4, let me know as I'll kindly be getting rid of mine (as they don't have WiFi calling).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones