• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

The rest of you all are great and I would love to hang with all of you, BUT if I had to pick one person to party with (or be stranded with on an island) it would have to be BabyBlues.

Pilots talking about being stranded on an island make me a little queasy.:rolleyes:

"Wilson!"

Upvote 0
But first you have to get her to put Nyxie down.

When I willingly put Nyxie down then you know you have my attention fully. If I don't want to be social but have been forced to for some family function then Nyxie, my iPad and my laptop are my barriers. :D

The rest of you all are great and I would love to hang with all of you, BUT if I had to pick one person to party with (or be stranded with on an island) it would have to be BabyBlues.

Awww. You flatter me Captain.

Reactions: CaptainRon
Upvote 0
Completely random, but having trouble finding a solution...

Do any of you by any chance watch movies through a USB drive or external HDD to an HDTV? I use an external HDD plugged into my HDTV's USB port to play movies and it works great, but having a little issue and wanted to see if anyone around knows anything about it...

sup? whats the problem?

Upvote 0
Nice pic BB, you really know how to party on a Friday night!
Anywho, what's everyone running for a ROM/Kernel these days? I figure since I'm going to have to do a complete wipe to get on the new AOKP, I might try something else out.
Anyone running Gummynex? I've heard some good things about it.

I am basically stock. I unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and loaded the leaked radios. But after having Moto's for so long I finally wanted to see "Update Available" so I'm waiting for 4.04:D. My patience is wearing thin, and AOKP looks good though. I haven't looked into kernels yet. I don't think I need OC, but would loave the battery savings of underclocking.

Upvote 0
I am basically stock. I unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and loaded the leaked radios. But after having Moto's for so long I finally wanted to see "Update Available" so I'm waiting for 4.04:D. My patience is wearing thin, and AOKP looks good though. I haven't looked into kernels yet. I don't think I need OC, but would loave the battery savings of underclocking.

Well, the biggest thing for me getting into custom ROMs was to have that damn search button back! :eek:
And, what is this "Update Available" section you're talking about? ;)

Upvote 0
Well, the biggest thing for me getting into custom ROMs was to have that damn search button back! :eek:
And, what is this "Update Available" section you're talking about? ;)

What I think is funny is you want the search button back and I couldn't wait to get rid if it. Android options FTW!!!

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
What I think is funny is you want the search button back and I couldn't wait to get rid if it. Android options FTW!!!

Love having the options. I use it way too often from the homescreen when we're out. Usually it's some stupid reason like "what was the name of that movie?" situation. Always nice to have it in app as well. Definitely dig the multitasking button too.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Anywho, what's everyone running for a ROM/Kernel these days? I figure since I'm going to have to do a complete wipe to get on the new AOKP, I might try something else out.

I`m running CM9 Kang with franco kernel 16.2 been, works awesome

Upvote 0
Good Morning all,decided to stop waiting for the OTA of 4.04 and flashed this morning using ROM Manager. So far, here is what I notice: Better signal strength (not just bars but dbm), faster screen rendering, quicker revert to data from wifi or airplane mode, way faster boot time, quicker camera launch and better focus lock with shutter button. I will play with it more today and report back. Here's to hoping it helps with the one way audio issues... :)

Upvote 0

Morning all!

I suggest trying Liquid. It's really good and has all the same custom settings AOKP does. The ROM is however, half the size, idk how....it's faster than fast.

edit: Although you might want to hold off till Beta4 hits. Looks like it will drop soon.

Upvote 0
Morning all!

I suggest trying Liquid. It's really good and has all the same custom settings AOKP does. The ROM is however, half the size, idk how....it's faster than fast.

I keep looking at liquid, I remember using Liquid Frozen Yogurt (man, those were the wild west rom a minute days:D) on my OG.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones